looking for all-mountain trail between montréal and bromont

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
looking for all-mountain trail between montréal and bromont
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 18:51 Quote
I'm living Chambly quebec .Someone know trail around.
-mont st-hilaire

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 6:57 Quote
ti-marc wrote:
I'm living Chambly quebec .Someone know trail around.
-mont st-hilaire

If you don't mind a little drive, it would definitely be worth it to go into Vermont and hit Kingdom Trails. If I lived in MTL I would be there once a week I bet. One side of the mountain in DH/FR and the other side is a mix of very well-maintained singletrack (about 100 miles I think). The place is awesome and is well signed. The DD runs on the 'easy' side are mostly rated for grade rather than over all sketch factor. The Green Mountains rock!

A.

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 at 16:09 Quote
thank for answer
this is a resort? i know Vermont,but there specifique place to go
: Vermont and hit '' Kingdom'' Trails :

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 at 19:32 Quote
ti-marc wrote:
thank for answer
this is a resort? i know Vermont,but there specifique place to go
: Vermont and hit '' Kingdom'' Trails :

East Burke is the town and it's maybe half an hour or so across the border. The mountain is called, Burke Mountain and the singletrack/agressive all mountian trails are on the side called, Darling Hill I think. The vibe in the town is very laid back not unlike out west in BC. I have never seen trails this well groomed and maintained - they really are phenomenal. A close second would be Mike's?? trails at Buckwallow in Ontario near Bracebridge/Gravenhurst area. If you drive up to the top of Burke Mountain, be prepared for some serious grade and don't bring a sh_itbox (brakes will be handy on the way down).

We stayed at the Comfort Inn near Johnsbury?? maybe 10min from the trailhead. If you want to be closer, stay in Lyndonville or whatever the hell it's called...

I wish I could spend more time there but sometimes life keeps us busy. Smile You won't have anything other than great things to say about the town and the riding. Let me know when you get back what your thoughts are.

2 hours approx from Bromont:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Bromont,+Quebec,+Canada&daddr=East+Burke,+VT+05832&hl=en&geocode=FaqDswIdxYKr-ylP2FFHJtrJTDHynF_XR1oc3g%3BFXJgqAIdIkW2-ynb1bK_ajC0TDHhYRiZJq1XNw&mra=ls&sll=44.593951,-71.940794&sspn=0.026404,0.072184&g=east+burke,vt&ie=UTF8&z=9

Check out the Trout River Brewery in Johnsonville? Try the sampler! NOTE: some of the women there are a little crazy... Smile

Check out: http://www.kingdomtrails.com RideGuide did a little snippet you can view. It doesn't do the trails justice however.... Wink

A.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009885
Mobile Version of Website