My goal for this year is to learn to bunny hop.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
My goal for this year is to learn to bunny hop.
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 17, 2011 at 10:38 Quote
My biggest issue, without going back to try and confirm, is that I can't lift the front tire enough. I don't think I have the motion right for it, because no matter how hard I pull at it, the front only comes up an inch or two.

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 at 10:40 Quote
jacobwymer wrote:
Make a simple Hop Bar that you can lower and raise. I could do about 6 inches at the start of the hour and by the end I was doing 3 foot hops because I built it up and inch at a time. I can't hop 3 foot straight away now but it's definately helped my technique, confidence and I'm now hopping about a foot every time and more if I want
With this warm weather, yesterday was the first time in about 3 months that I had ridden outside, and I was able to hop a 12x12 cardboard box. I was pretty pleased with myself. Last year (my first year of BMX) I would practice with these 4x4's that we had laying around. My record was 5 stacked on top of each other, which is 16" (so they arent true 4x4's). I want to do more this year. I will probably only get one more on top, maybe two... but it gives me something to work on tup

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 at 10:40 Quote
same here. it's simple on a dj bike, there i can preload with the fork and use the rebound to my advantage, but nearly impossible on a bmx.

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 at 10:41 Quote
It's not impossible. Use your legs like springs. Crouch down and then spring up as much as possible.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016294
Mobile Version of Website