What is the best way to maintane chrome parts ?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
What is the best way to maintane chrome parts ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 13:12 Quote
Well i am buying a bike with chrome rims,forks and bars and i was wondering how to stop them from flaking/rusting ?

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 at 7:34 Quote
Keep them dry, if they get wet clean off straight away, get some chrome polish and shine them up once a month, pay attention to the welds and underneath your cross bar.

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 at 8:05 Quote
beginerjuper wrote:
Keep them dry, if they get wet clean off straight away, get some chrome polish and shine them up once a month, pay attention to the welds and underneath your cross bar.

thanks mate where can i get crome polish

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 at 8:16 Quote
use #0000 (finishing grade) steel wool

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 at 8:47 Quote
Ebay's your best bet, Amazon do some good stuff aswell

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 14:51 Quote
The best way to keep chrome parts from rusting or getting scratched,is to put a nice coat of automotive wax on it.

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 18:14 Quote
Ride the f*ck out of it and if you're that worried about what it looks like, touch it up on photoshop before you upload pictures

Posted: Mar 5, 2011 at 9:49 Quote
dnbmx wrote:
Ride the f*ck out of it and if you're that worried about what it looks like, touch it up on photoshop before you upload pictures
This Razz

But if you really care that much, just keep it dry and clean, and never ride on salted roads, a good coat of wax is also good to keep the damage at bay, but at the end of the day, if you damage it eventually it will just flake away Cry

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010252
Mobile Version of Website