2008 Kona stinky VS 08 Demo 7 I

PB Forum :: Downhill
2008 Kona stinky VS 08 Demo 7 I
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 21:19 Quote
Okay, I've already posted on the demo 7 1, but now a new bike has come into consideration. the 08 Stinky.

I rode the stinky, oh damn. Nice bike. and its $1400 LESS than the Demo7 (now seems overpriced) so I'm thinking, If I sell my coiler (album) And I get a job, I might be able to have my new bike before the new season! Just think, a new bike, for moving into the intermidiate class.

What do you think of this? and anyone got some experience on Both Bikes, or atleast one.

I know, dont tell me to do my own research, I've researced, revised, and thought for nearly 3 months.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 10:01 Quote
the demo 7 will kick any stinky's ass. i wouldnt even try to compare the two. go with the 7, you wont be disapointed.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 17:38 Quote
If I go with the Demo, thats an extra $1400 I've gotta save up. and if you look at it, thats a few more months of saving. So I'm leaning to the stinky.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 17:41 Quote
well you've had a coiler so you have ridden a kona before, but i would say that they demo 7 is a better bike. i feel your pain about not wanting to wait and save up, but it might be worth it. i had to save up all summer to buy my 08 kona shred and i got it a week before school started. i was pissed that i had to ride my brothers hardrock sport around all summer but it was worth the wait

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 17:45 Quote
DEMO SEVEN!!!! the stinky has nothing on the demo. take the time to save your money, you will be glad you did

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 17:54 Quote
I'm still only just moving into the intermediate class of DH racing. So you know.. I dont need a sled.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 17:55 Quote
ya, but trust me, i have ridden both, and would recomend the demo ANY day over the stinky.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 17:58 Quote
Yeah. I havent ridden a Demo yet, so I'm still deciding.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:05 Quote
your only 14 so i would go with the stinky and save some money for a car or something. i have a 2006 stinky delux and its a good allround freeride/downhill bike for a good price. I've ridden the Demo a few times and yes it is probably a better bike but tons of people on this site just hate on kona a little to much.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:07 Quote
aburles wrote:
your only 14 so i would go with the stinky and save some money for a car or something. i have a 2006 stinky delux and its a good allround freeride/downhill bike for a good price. I've ridden the Demo a few times and yes it is probably a better bike but tons of people on this site just hate on kona a little to much.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:08 Quote
aburles wrote:

i own a kona, and i would still say demo. i just really like what specialized has done with the bike

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:16 Quote
the kona is a hella sweet bike... that is what i ride... but yea i would take a demo 7 over a stinky mainly becuase of warranty man... but since ur 14 save urself the money and get the stinky

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 21:50 Quote
same i have an 07 stinky to be honest the demo is a wayyyyy better frame

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 21:56 Quote
Get the demo. You are young and you want that thing to last. There nice and stiff and FSR is really cool. It is a very stable riding platform. Awesome to pedal. A little long but still a lot of fun. The fourbar is outdated. Stinkys are cool for sure but I think the Demo has a little bit more advanced tech. Four Bar just gets all that crap brake jack and stuff.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009646
Mobile Version of Website