Pinkbike Design Thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Pinkbike Design Thread!
Posted: May 10, 2011 at 9:10 Quote
Sorry man! good luck Smile I'm sure you'll work it out, if not ask one of your coursemates Smile

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 10:23 Quote
rob-k wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
It is a scooter, just no
sorry, i shall email the head of CAD and tell him that James-Carey said i may as well not do it as he thinks i shouldn't as it is a scooter.

not like i chose the product is it retard, everyone has to do it.

and no worries David, i know what you mean about a busy schedule!

Look , cading isnt that hard, just botch a scooter out on sketchup, you dont need some crazy rendering skills from pro software. I was just taking the piss when i said just no it is a scooter, because all scooterers deserve to break there ankles doing a tailwhip

also i dont think there is a head of all computer aided design, ad you could have worked out my name is James Carey Razz also isnt it your assignment for you to do

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 10:29 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
rob-k wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
It is a scooter, just no
sorry, i shall email the head of CAD and tell him that James-Carey said i may as well not do it as he thinks i shouldn't as it is a scooter.

Look , cading isnt that hard, just botch a scooter out on sketchup, you dont need some crazy rendering skills from pro software. I was just taking the piss when i said just no it is a scooter, because all scooterers deserve to break there ankles doing a tailwhip

also i dont think there is a head of all computer aided design, ad you could have worked out my name is James Carey Razz also isnt it your assignment for you to do
yes it is but help is allowed and what they dont know cant hurt them. Getting told how to do something is much different to having someone do it for you.

And no i cant use sketchup as our department uses ProEngineer and other programmes are not allowed unless i wish to fail. Unfortunately it does have to be rendered though. Shame the guy who was meant to teach us the basics is utter shit who goes shows demonstrations at the speed of light making learning hard

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 10:41 Quote
At least it isnt snails pace, i built a whole bike in the time it took him to teach people how to to bend tubing

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 10:41 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
rob-k wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
It is a scooter, just no

Look man I don't want to be harsh but if you're not going to help or give advice and just say 'it's easy just do it' and not contribute to the thread with any designs or constructive feedback then please don't bother posting.

However if you do have some designs you want to share or want to give positive and/or constructive advice come back when you have either.

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 10:43 Quote
I will admit harshness, just hate scooters is all, so i got a bit trolly

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 10:58 Quote
rob-k wrote:
David/any other CAD people. I need your help please.

I have this Scooter concept: Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://oi56.tinypic.com/qyilv9.jpgwhich I have to make in CAD and tbh I'm useless at it. With the list below could you tell me how I should make it using these features:

extrude, revolve, sweep, blend, fillet, chamfer, hole, shell, mirror, pattern, reference geometry, assemblies.

here is the parts list:

foot plate, support struts, wheels, font wheel hinge, head tube, clamp and handle bars.

Help much appreciated.

Thanks
(i am not familiar with your software, but this is how i would do it)

Start with the bars, circle, and extrude over a sweep, to make one half of the bars, then mirror it, then make a tube again, by extruding a shell, then fillet it back to make the flange, finally shell it, duplicate, and fill it over the bars, then rib it

to do the head tube, just make a tube, and chamfer it on the top to represent the integrated headset

do do the base make half the shape (i recommend doing it in a construction box and forgetting about the rear wheel slot) with a free draw line, mirror it, and extrude, then go onto the drawing plane, draw the slot onto the plane, and extrude the shape through the deck to cut it out

for the wheels make circles, then another small circle, and extrude the ring , chamfer the edges until circular

then to make the fork make a cuboid , and fillet, and chamfer back by feel , then stick the front end together, and put it where you want it in relation to the deck, draw a circle on the deck where you want the support strut to join, and then draw the sweep extrusion rout to join it to the fork, mirror it, and attach it all, finally attach the rear wheel, and front wheel to the fork

then render and ad color ect, if you want a brake i again would make the cuboid, and chamfer fillet it back to the desired shape

sorry i am not a cad expert, but that is how i would do it anyway

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 11:05 Quote
that is very helpful, thankyou!

got any designs on the go/previous ones you wish to show off? always cool seeing other peoples work

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 11:10 Quote
Good man! Thanks James good effort, no worries about the trollness, everyone hates scooters I guess Razz

Indeed what Rob said, you have anything you want to post? There's some cool stuff in here already and definitely worth sharing if you can Smile

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 11:15 Quote
Just had a look for a bar/ stem combo i had hanging around, but cant find it Confused

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 11:32 Quote
trust me guys if i didn't HAVE to do a scooter i wouldn't, id probably do a sauce pan or a bin

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 11:56 Quote
rob-k wrote:
trust me guys if i didn't HAVE to do a scooter i wouldn't, id probably do a sauce pan or a bin

It's ok man I had to do a scooter too lol

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 12:04 Quote
tis all good, i just hate the vermin so much, like rats you are never more than 10 ft away from one Eek

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 13:32 Quote
Scooter aint that bad really, we had to make a standard three pin plug which is something I think a 5yr old could do lol.

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 13:34 Quote
nrxtreme wrote:
Scooter aint that bad really, we had to make a standard three pin plug which is something I think a 5yr old could do lol.

Aha nice Razz Got an animation of my group's Anglepoise 'Play' range light rendering, should be done by tomorrow morn Smile I'll post when it is

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031533
Mobile Version of Website