Road tires

PB Forum :: 29ers
Road tires
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 12:56 Quote
anybody use the pasela and zaffiro in front for a bit?is one grippier in monsoon season than the other? im also tempted by the rubino but i think i want something with better water shitting action ie: pasela

also im on my second soma everwear, hands down best rear tire ive used.

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 13:15 Quote
Thoughts on Continental GP4000 for road (all year round weather)?

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 13:51 Quote
The Pasela is one of my favorite tires ever. It has a long life, excellent rubber compound/tread design and is VERY grippy.

I can't comment much on the Zaffiro because I haven't used it a whole lot. The times that I have it felt unpredictable and I don't like the overall ride quality much.

GP4000 is a solid tire, long lasting, good rubber compound, very fast rolling.

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 14:06 Quote
T2 tomorrow? I bet that'll be fun! Do you have everything to build it up?

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 14:08 Quote
smashine wrote:
anybody use the pasela and zaffiro in front for a bit?is one grippier in monsoon season than the other? im also tempted by the rubino but i think i want something with better water shitting action ie: pasela

also im on my second soma everwear, hands down best rear tire ive used.
if you want a Vittoria, you should consider the Randonneur Pro...they also make it in 28C...puncture resistant and will shed water like a champ...and it's still a fast tire...

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 14:10 Quote
Unfortunately not Frown I still have to get:

-Rear Deraileur.

-Tyres.

-Wheels.

-Cassette.

-Chain cage.

-Seatpost.

-Brifters.

-Saddle.

-Chain.

-Tubes.

-Headset.

-Stem.

But hopefully shall be finished by spring/summer.

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 17:15 Quote
smashine wrote:
anybody use the pasela and zaffiro in front for a bit?.

i'm deciding just the same thing at the moment! swaying to the trusty pasela, which now comes in black to match the rando' i want in the back

i got the pasela in 28c on my road bike and i gone around some corners in the wet and actually managed to pedal strike, never slipped out, also got them in 32c on my commuter and even went over wet dranes turning with some speed, very impressed

never tried the zaffiiro

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 17:44 Quote
700x25 Freedom Thickslick on the back.
700x23 Serfas Secca RS on the front.

Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 3:48 Quote
Prorace 3s are the way to go, got mine at the start of the year and are still going strong. Super grippy in wet and dry and most of all roll very fast. Well worth the money.

Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 12:53 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
The Pasela is one of my favorite tires ever. It has a long life, excellent rubber compound/tread design and is VERY grippy.

I can't comment much on the Zaffiro because I haven't used it a whole lot. The times that I have it felt unpredictable and I don't like the overall ride quality much.

GP4000 is a solid tire, long lasting, good rubber compound, very fast rolling.

sweet thanks ! pasela it is!

FastDHR wrote:
if you want a Vittoria, you should consider the Randonneur Pro...they also make it in 28C...puncture resistant and will shed water like a champ...and it's still a fast tire...

i never understood rando's in the front, great back tire but it feels too lumpy and huge.

Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 13:23 Quote
there's a lot of rough roads and unpredictable weather around here, i think i need the Rando'

Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 21:27 Quote
never-stop wrote:
there's a lot of rough roads and unpredictable weather around here, i think i need the Rando'

remember post the verdict come spring-ish

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 at 7:13 Quote
randos are good on the rear, last about a month if you ride fixed and skid a bit. quite grippy in the wet.

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 at 10:17 Quote
is the zaffiro much lighter than the rando'? like noticeably, they come in 28c, that means i can match them in the front to

i think they will last a few months with me, apparently some riders ride brakeless with them for like 6 months

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023224
Mobile Version of Website