Rebound knob on a pike 454 leaking oil. What is the problem?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rebound knob on a pike 454 leaking oil. What is the problem?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 17:00 Quote
Hey guys i have a pike 454 u turn air and the red rebound knob seams to be leaking oil whenever i adjust the rebound. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 17:08 Quote
Sheckler99 wrote:
Hey guys i have a pike 454 u turn air and the red rebound knob seams to be leaking oil whenever i adjust the rebound. Anyone know what the problem could be?

are you using it for dirt jumping? or any other use that its not meant to be used for?

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 18:20 Quote
skibbe wrote:
Sheckler99 wrote:

are you using it for dirt jumping? or any other use that its not meant to be used for?

skatepark... my shop said that it could take it though.

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 18:24 Quote
Sheckler99 wrote:
skibbe wrote:
Sheckler99 wrote:

well its a pike. it was designed for am not street and djs. who gives a shit what your shop said if it starts breaking. if you bought it new try to get it warrantied but if not i would take it apart and check everything to make sure nothing is punctured or destroyed. in all honesty i would try to get an argyle if possible. those things will actually stand up to the abuse your putting them through.

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 18:25 Quote
alright thanks a lot man!

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 20:08 Quote
skibbe wrote:
Sheckler99 wrote:
skibbe wrote:

well its a pike. it was designed for am not street and djs. who gives a shit what your shop said if it starts breaking. if you bought it new try to get it warrantied but if not i would take it apart and check everything to make sure nothing is punctured or destroyed. in all honesty i would try to get an argyle if possible. those things will actually stand up to the abuse your putting them through.

\

would my pike 405 uturn airs be ok for djs?

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 21:47 Quote
yes, until they break lol but seriously, it depends on how hard and often you use it

Posted: Mar 22, 2011 at 4:04 Quote
probably just a broken o-ring.

Posted: Mar 22, 2011 at 15:48 Quote
staike wrote:

i doubt that

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 2:03 Quote
skibbe wrote:
staike wrote:

i doubt that

why? a broken o-ring would cause the fork to leak. have you ever seen how many o-rings there is inside rock shoxs? more abusive riding then they're intended to = shorter life of all the o-rings.

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 2:55 Quote
staike wrote:

^ This
Had the same problem on my old Argyle, new set of o-ring's, problem solved!

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 3:04 Quote
jessejones wrote:
staike wrote:

^ This

Good to hear! I hate guys like "skibbe", just trollin' around with "buy new forks" "they're am forks, you deserve it" attitude. I know a lot of guys that run Pike's on their DJ's and they're holding up just fine, even on a 90 kg guy that rides pretty damn abusive.

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 3:32 Quote
staike wrote:

Good to hear! I hate guys like "skibbe", just trollin' around with "buy new forks" "they're am forks, you deserve it" attitude. I know a lot of guys that run Pike's on their DJ's and they're holding up just fine, even on a 90 kg guy that rides pretty damn abusive.

Yeah I've seen so many FR bike with Pikes and loads of people run them for DJ, they're strong forks!

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 7:34 Quote
staike wrote:
jessejones wrote:
staike wrote:

^ This

im not trolling, just giving my opinion

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012542
Mobile Version of Website