Yeti 303 RDH pedable ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Yeti 303 RDH pedable ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 6:03 Quote
Does anyone own or have tested the Yeti 303 RDH, whats it like on flat ground, only wondering as this will be the bike I will use to travel to work and back as well as freeriding etc, so roads and slight flat off road tracks, i will need to ride on, possible let me know what you think, cheers

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 17:26 Quote
DH bikes are no fun to pedal for very long at all. I would say you can do it but why not find an old roadie for $100?

-Brett

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 17:52 Quote
Yes they actually pedal quite welll for a DH bike, I was very surprised

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 17:53 Quote
Just buy a shitty road bike, its a lot cheaper if it get stolen

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 18:42 Quote
DON'T. And I repeat. DON'T pedal your DH to work. Like people said here, find an old road bike to go to work with. If you get your Yeti stolen at work, you will cry your life out!

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 at 4:10 Quote
Yeh I guess I would cry, though its not an issue my boss is into bikes just as much we have a lock up he puts his Nomad Carbon in so thats not to much of issue, reason I ask is ive herd the geo can complete be re-set to the terrain, which is why im looking at the Yeti to ride both for my recreation and to work ?

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 at 4:12 Quote
dyalnger9 wrote:
Yes they actually pedal quite welll for a DH bike, I was very surprised

possible then? 7 mile return journey mixture of road and light off road gravel tracks

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 at 5:50 Quote
Of course it is possible. One thing to think about in addition it the considerable faster tread wear with DH tires on pavement.

-Brett

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 at 5:59 Quote
Just get a hardtail or something. Dh tyres will just get worn out riding on the road.
Sounds like you just want a flasher bike than your boss. Nobody would use a dh bike to commute.

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 at 22:47 Quote
george-f wrote:
Just get a hardtail or something. Dh tyres will just get worn out riding on the road.
Sounds like you just want a flasher bike than your boss. Nobody would use a dh bike to commute.
This

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 17:30 Quote
Any thoughts on the Driver 8 then? according to SC its predominantly a freeride bike, with the ability to adjust the seat angle like the Nomad, not been able to retrieve much info about it, anyone have any thoughts then as a freeride, light dh rig with the ability to pedal? cheers

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012616
Mobile Version of Website