Bromont 2011

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Bromont 2011
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 at 17:37 Quote
the8nerve wrote:
Just to be shure, am I the only one that always tend to crash on the front when doing this little ridiculous wooden jump that is left to the ridiculousely small dirt jump just before entering the bike park? I'm new to this sport and this is the smalest jump i tryed but every time it is like i'm going to do a front flip. I have to absorb a lot with my legs to not have my nose going to the ground. Coud it be a rebound compression setting on my rear shock or is it just me not having the good technique for smaller jumps? No problem hitting the wooden jump in trail 7 near the end with like a 8 foot gap but this small little jump makes me almost crash every time. I have a large bike so it is very long, could it be that too? And one last thing should i use more rebound compression when jumping or less compression?

What make and model of bike do you ride with what suspension setup?

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 11:09 Quote
the8nerve wrote:
Just to be shure, am I the only one that always tend to crash on the front when doing this little ridiculous wooden jump that is left to the ridiculousely small dirt jump just before entering the bike park? I'm new to this sport and this is the smalest jump i tryed but every time it is like i'm going to do a front flip. I have to absorb a lot with my legs to not have my nose going to the ground. Coud it be a rebound compression setting on my rear shock or is it just me not having the good technique for smaller jumps? No problem hitting the wooden jump in trail 7 near the end with like a 8 foot gap but this small little jump makes me almost crash every time. I have a large bike so it is very long, could it be that too? And one last thing should i use more rebound compression when jumping or less compression?

I love hitting the double 45-footers in the bike park, yet that sneaky little wooden jump you're talking about bugs me more often than not. Probably because I carry too much speed going in and the angle of the jump is a bit too steep considering its height. I prefer to ignore it now and enter the bike park with maximum momentum.

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 15:53 Quote
grfreeride wrote:
the8nerve wrote:

I love hitting the double 45-footers in the bike park, yet that sneaky little wooden jump you're talking about bugs me more often than not. Probably because I carry too much speed going in and the angle of the jump is a bit too steep considering its height. I prefer to ignore it now and enter the bike park with maximum momentum.
the 45 footer is not a "double" its just a launching wooden ramp...

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 16:30 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
Views: 443    Faves: 5    Comments: 4
The Run at 3:20, what number is that. I was trying to find that last time I went.

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 17:47 Quote
The run at 3:20 is the number 23! Very sketchy at first, but when you find the right lines its probably the most fun!

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 6:12 Quote
timsp wrote:
It does look like they are building a new trail next to 52 on the WC side.

its going to be the last part of the #9 i think

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 7:25 Quote
hardyk wrote:
timsp wrote:

I doubt that as #9 is called Boomerang because it gets half-way down the WorldCup side and then then returns to the Village.

I keep calling the new trail section 52++, because it looks like 52... but bigger... I assume it'll start in the woods to the right of the start of 52 (where 51, 52, and 59 all currently meet.)

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 at 10:35 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
grfreeride wrote:

I know that. By ''double'', I meant the two 45-footers.

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 at 13:27 Quote
grfreeride wrote:
voltagerider wrote:
grfreeride wrote:

ha ok lol

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 17:53 Quote
the8nerve wrote:

You know that the wooden ramp is the takeoff, and the little dirt bump is the landing? I saw it done on Saturday. f*ckyeah!

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 18:48 Quote
grfreeride wrote:
voltagerider wrote:
grfreeride wrote:

Tim they are building a new trail where you mentioned, ladder bridges also in this trail. Sentiers Boreals is a consultant on this project. No clue when it will be finished but lot's of work involved.

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 at 2:31 Quote
broke my frame sunday at bromont
wtf
seasons done -.-

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 at 5:04 Quote
streetparkrider wrote:
broke my frame sunday at bromont
wtf
seasons done -.-

Saw the pics on another thread you posted, it was due and simply the alloy let go.

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 at 5:41 Quote
streetparkrider, Sorry for your bike, RIP but if you want to sell a few parts let me know. I have a 2004 DH comp. I can always use a few spare parts Smile

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 at 7:59 Quote
timsp wrote:
hardyk wrote:
timsp wrote:

I doubt that as #9 is called Boomerang because it gets half-way down the WorldCup side and then then returns to the Village.

I keep calling the new trail section 52++, because it looks like 52... but bigger... I assume it'll start in the woods to the right of the start of 52 (where 51, 52, and 59 all currently meet.)

damn i went to check this other section on the other side of the 52 and it seems amazing, cant wait to hit those huge berms and jumps. any1 know when it will be rdy ? seems to be almost done by now..

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016210
Mobile Version of Website