Bromont 2011

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Bromont 2011
Posted: May 4, 2011 at 19:03 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
modern-cowboy wrote:
Rigaud wrote:

I dought it that they will open, that entire region is under flood watch. Also the trails got heavy damage including #7 that seems to be half destroyed. The bike racks where not even started to be installed on Sunday or Monday. Even if they open, it will be shit and only someone who like to destroy trails would think of riding. I build trails so nope I won't go and probably will wait till late in May. Other places to ride with different bikes anyways.

Wow, ok merci beaucoup pour l'information! C'est poche en esti que la #7 s'est fait endommager!!
Yen a qui ce son amuser a montee en 4 roue dans #7 pendant de degel. Eek

I'm sure the 4-wheelers didn't help, but as I recall, except the middle section they rebuilt, #7 saw next to no maintenance throughout the season last year and was in horrible shape by last October... I figure that this season would involve a lot of work on that trail no matter what.

Posted: May 4, 2011 at 19:08 Quote
timsp wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
modern-cowboy wrote:

Wow, ok merci beaucoup pour l'information! C'est poche en esti que la #7 s'est fait endommager!!
Yen a qui ce son amuser a montee en 4 roue dans #7 pendant de degel. Eek

I'm sure the 4-wheelers didn't help, but as I recall, except the middle section they rebuilt, #7 saw next to no maintenance throughout the season last year and was in horrible shape by last October... I figure that this season would involve a lot of work on that trail no matter what.

Yeah Tim your 100% right, zero maintenance on #7 after they rebuilt the bottom. It was getting horrible. They lost their main trail builder end of summer last year to Whistler, this year they start with two new young lads at minimum wage no experience.

O+ FL
Posted: May 4, 2011 at 19:17 Quote
That doesn't sound too good. Is it that hard to hire someone with a tiny bit of experience? Confused

I thought 7 was okay last year, except for the destroyed berms at the top. Those berms destroyed my arms more than the rocks on other trails.

Posted: May 4, 2011 at 19:21 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
That doesn't sound too good. Is it that hard to hire someone with a tiny bit of experience? Confused

I thought 7 was okay last year, except for the destroyed berms at the top. Those berms destroyed my arms more than the rocks on other trails.

And how can you find someone at $11/hr even on machinery. Confused Experienced machine operators start at $20 and someone who's really good $25-30 You get what you pay for.

Posted: May 4, 2011 at 19:26 Quote
Canadmos wrote:

Experience is sometimes hard to find, but experience always comes at a price.

Having gone to Bromont many times between June and October last year, my observations on 7 seemed to be the berms at the top were on a steady decline throughout the season, the hills at the top started out bad, got worse, eventually so much soil eroded that the trails improved a bit, the middle section was on a steady decline throughout the season, the bottom started out not great and finished not great...

Posted: May 4, 2011 at 19:37 Quote
timsp wrote:
Canadmos wrote:

Experience is sometimes hard to find, but experience always comes at a price.

Having gone to Bromont many times between June and October last year, my observations on 7 seemed to be the berms at the top were on a steady decline throughout the season, the hills at the top started out bad, got worse, eventually so much soil eroded that the trails improved a bit, the middle section was on a steady decline throughout the season, the bottom started out not great and finished not great...

Exactly, those berms only the top edges where not damaged but then people really don't go that high nexcept maybe me when I got fed up.
I almost killed myself late in the season on 7, my big bike was getting TLC so I used my hardtail. One25 set up freeride with a Travis 150mm SC and I ripped down after those berms at 50kph on my computer. I rode Bromont with that bike keeping up with my friends on their duallies but at a price. My friend was driving that day and thank god, my hands where killing me. LMAO

Posted: May 4, 2011 at 19:41 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
You're nuts. Beer

Yah some say that but theirs better and more nuts then me. LOLLLLLL

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 10:34 Quote
Bromont is not opening this weekend May 7th-8th. They will focus on opening for the season on May 13th instead.

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 11:05 Quote
its not posted on thier site, how did u find out? Did you call or is this another one of you secret contacts same as those trails. hmmm

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 11:12 Quote
srobillard wrote:
its not posted on thier site, how did u find out? Did you call or is this another one of you secret contacts same as those trails. hmmm

Haha, no secret.

http://www.facebook.com/SkiBromont

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 11:12 Quote
Bromont posted a message on there Facebook page.

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 11:19 Quote
It's pretty hard to get things prepared when theirs so much to do and rain non stop. Riding in these conditions only erodes the trails and makes riding shitty once it dries. When your a trail builder you get to understand and it's also one thing to ride when it's wet but another when theirs just mud like peanut butter.

I have some trails here at home that no matter how much rain we get theirs no mud but it's just raining non stop here too. If I can't ride then I suit up for wet weather with my tools and go build in the woods. Wink

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 12:35 Quote
That it secret trail building weekend for me

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021413
Mobile Version of Website