2012 Rocky Mountain Flatline

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2012 Rocky Mountain Flatline
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 11:22 Quote
ik, idc about the black out frames. i can get those now too, just the full world cup build

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 14:58 Quote
how much are the blackout frames going for? where can they be found in the U.S. of A?

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 15:03 Quote
pdon wrote:
how much are the blackout frames going for? where can they be found in the U.S. of A?
Go to your Nearest rocky mountain dealer and ask to order one if there are any left.Usually how you do it.

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 at 9:21 Quote
My God - I need a 2012 FL.

Anybody know if the 2012 WCs are more raked out that even the 2011s...? They look it...it appears to be a seriously relaxed front end...

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 at 11:03 Quote
i beleive the geometry is the same as last year but this year the build was overhauled, i'm running mine with heavy tubes and continental kaiser tires with the 2012 WC build and its just under 40 lbs... besides i thiiiink the head angle is 64 degress? maybes 64.5 but either way u dont need any bike more raked than that unless you live in champery. Super slack is one of the worse moves u can make (unless u live on champerey as i said), handling is muuuuch more important, plus u can lean back like 2 degrees on those very rare sections where u may need the HA slackened.

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 at 11:53 Quote
NorthEasternDH wrote:
i beleive the geometry is the same as last year but this year the build was overhauled, i'm running mine with heavy tubes and continental kaiser tires with the 2012 WC build and its just under 40 lbs... besides i thiiiink the head angle is 64 degress? maybes 64.5 but either way u dont need any bike more raked than that unless you live in champery. Super slack is one of the worse moves u can make (unless u live on champerey as i said), handling is muuuuch more important, plus u can lean back like 2 degrees on those very rare sections where u may need the HA slackened.

Great info - thanks so much. Smile

And I agree - I wouldn't want it any more slacked out than the 2010 / 2011 models. I was worried it might be - I grew up on the RMX, which was a bit tighter, steeper and taller overall.

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 at 12:49 Quote
glad i could help, its a ridiculously awesome bike... I'm also used to steeper geom coming of a 2010 giant glory and i loved that but have found that 1 slacker (to a 64) degree keeps the handling and you feel more stabil. and the rocky wont dent! (atleast not as easilty as my glory did haha, had a few good scuffs)

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 at 12:55 Quote
NorthEasternDH wrote:
glad i could help, its a ridiculously awesome bike... I'm also used to steeper geom coming of a 2010 giant glory and i loved that but have found that 1 slacker (to a 64) degree keeps the handling and you feel more stabil. and the rocky wont dent! (atleast not as easilty as my glory did haha, had a few good scuffs)

Awesome - thanks for the insight. I can tell you really dig the ride! I think I'm going to have to pick one up this season. Time to retire the RMX...

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 6:39 Quote
so i need some advice. i'm looking at the 2012 wc..and a new dhr. has anybody ridden both bikes and can compare the ride difference between the two for me? i imagine the dhr is lighter, but its also a bit more pricey. been looking at a m9 too..really kind of stuck at this point..any advice is appreciated!!

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 at 0:37 Quote
Haven't ridden any of them but the turner dhr has cracking problems but it really isn't a problem if you want to get it replaced as turner have unbelievable customer service.

That's all I can tell you on that.

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 at 4:29 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
Haven't ridden any of them but the turner dhr has cracking problems but it really isn't a problem if you want to get it replaced as turner have unbelievable customer service.

really? hmm i've heard they can be a pain to deal with? never hurts to have good customer service

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 10:33 Quote
roninagent23 wrote:
Downhill340 wrote:

really? hmm i've heard they can be a pain to deal with? never hurts to have good customer service

Not what I've heard but I could be wrong. Wouldn't hurt asking around. Might have just been the guy I heard it off lucky day by dealing with a nice person.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.282876
Mobile Version of Website