Powered by Outside

what needs to be put together on a complete?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
what needs to be put together on a complete?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:27 Quote
hi, i'm planing on getting a complete bike, probably the eastern element 2008 on danscomp.com. i would just like to know what are the things that need to be assebled and put on because it says some assembly required so i would like to know. thanks alot!

sam

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:30 Quote
probaly put on the wheels, the bars, and the pedals. maybe things like tires, grips, bolt on the brakes (if it has them) and so on. it's mostly small stuff i think.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:32 Quote
Usually you have to put the bike together.

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 5:30 Quote
so the whole thing tobe asembled??u sure?

thnx

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 5:48 Quote
my guess would be pedals bars and wheels...but your going to want to go over the bike with a fine tooth comb and a wrench to make sure everything is tight before you go for a ride and your forks fall outSmile

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 6:08 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
probaly put on the wheels, the bars, and the pedals. maybe things like tires, grips, bolt on the brakes (if it has them) and so on. it's mostly small stuff i think.

Usually. But sometimes when you get a "complete" bike, but you'll have to assemble EVERYTHING. You'll probably get a good answer if you ask the people your buying it from.

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 6:16 Quote
If it's a brand new bike from a retailer or similar then...

Bar and Stem
Front Wheel
Pedals
Saddle and Seatpost

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:16 Quote
This is right from danscomp, under faqs/tech:
[Quoten] 1. How much assembly is needed before I can ride my bike?

Some parts will need to be installed and some minor adjustments will need to be made. Some of the parts that need to be installed are handlebars, pedals, front wheel, seat, seat post and pegs (if included). The brakes will need to be adjusted properly along with seat angle, seat height, handle bar angle and stem alignment.

2. What tools are needed for the final assembly of my complete bike?

Some of the tools needed for the final assembly of a complete bike are but not limited to metric allen wrench set, 10mm wrench, 15mm wrench, ratchet, extension, metric set of deep well sockets, and screw drivers. If you do not have access to these tools Dan's Competition offers a wide variety of tool kits to meet any assembly needs. [/Quoten]

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 13:08 Quote
When I got my element... All i had to do was put the pedals in, put the seatpost in, put front wheel on, hook up brake cables (gyro's) and straighten out the stem

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 13:38 Quote
great!! thanks guys!!

sam

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007969
Mobile Version of Website