I want to hear the bad about Iron Horse Sundays.

PB Forum :: Downhill
I want to hear the bad about Iron Horse Sundays.
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
Well I've found that the glory is much harder to get dialed, the Glory can feel like a crap bike unless u set it up perfectly, this is just my opinion. If you can get hold of a glory frameset it is pretty much the same price as a sunday +- $200 or so.

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
dr-phil wrote:
The only thing wrong with the Sunday is that the Glory is cooler.

everyone wines about the low bb, but has anyone tried hitting berms on one?????? its like heven, perfect fast pined turn

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
Didn't read all 8 pages of the post, but I saw someone mention that replacing the bearings was expensive. That is incorrect. $40 from Enduro for every bearing. Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 7:45 Quote
[Quote="kingfisher1"]
xtremefreerida wrote:
I think probably the worst thing about Sundays is that every rich grom or expert racer has one. I go to races and 70% of the guys there are on sundays. I you want to be original, i would never get a sunday.

If you want to be original weld your own bike and cnc your own components. We're all victims of mass consumerism.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
emubritish wrote:
they are race bikes, with racing geo, so they are long and less easy to throw around, they are low so you have to be careful pedaling in rough patches, and they slack, so they are not huck bikes... they are also distributed through some big sports outlet in canada, and by performance bikes in the usa; both are not places i would like to buy a bike from.

if you like your money staying in-country, they are also built in taiwan (except for the top of the line frame i believe); but then again almost all frames are made overseas now...

I definitely agree with the race comment. Don't buy this bike unless you want to race or just flat out pin it. The geometry is meant for DH specific use. The bike has a very low BB and you need to be picky about your lines through the gnarl and rock gardens.

Performance Bikes actually doesn't carry the Sunday. They do have all of those lame Iron Horse, can be found at toys-r-us, bikes in store. I wouldn't recommend Performance bikes to anyone in need of high performance components, they will just have to special order. As for the Taiwan thing. All the bikes that are sold as "completes" aka Sunday WC, Team and Expert are made in Taiwan. The only frame that is a US factory production is the Sunday Factory.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
santacruzer1 wrote:
dr-phil wrote:
The only thing wrong with the Sunday is that the Glory is cooler.

everyone wines about the low bb, but has anyone tried hitting berms on one?????? its like heven, perfect fast pined turn

Agreed! The Sunday has super lateral stiffness with virtually no flex.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
theaggressor wrote:
emubritish wrote:
they are race bikes, with racing geo, so they are long and less easy to throw around, they are low so you have to be careful pedaling in rough patches, and they slack, so they are not huck bikes... they are also distributed through some big sports outlet in canada, and by performance bikes in the usa; both are not places i would like to buy a bike from.

if you like your money staying in-country, they are also built in taiwan (except for the top of the line frame i believe); but then again almost all frames are made overseas now...

I definitely agree with the race comment. Don't buy this bike unless you want to race or just flat out pin it. The geometry is meant for DH specific use. The bike has a very low BB and you need to be picky about your lines through the gnarl and rock gardens.

Performance Bikes actually doesn't carry the Sunday. They do have all of those lame Iron Horse, can be found at toys-r-us, bikes in store. I wouldn't recommend Performance bikes to anyone in need of high performance components, they will just have to special order. As for the Taiwan thing. All the bikes that are sold as "completes" aka Sunday WC, Team and Expert are made in Taiwan. The only frame that is a US factory production is the Sunday Factory.

I disagree about the Performance Bikes comments. I worked there for almost a year, and although they carry lower end bikes similar to the ones you might find at the big box stores, they also carry plenty of higher end components and bikes.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
jackbrowc wrote:
theaggressor wrote:
emubritish wrote:

I disagree about the Performance Bikes comments. I worked there for almost a year, and although they carry lower end bikes similar to the ones you might find at the big box stores, they also carry plenty of higher end components and bikes.

Don't get it twisted. I am not saying that PB is a bad retail chain. I'm saying that they do not stock specialized high end biking components.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
theaggressor wrote:
jackbrowc wrote:
theaggressor wrote:

Don't get it twisted. I am not saying that PB is a bad retail chain. I'm saying that they do not stock specialized high end biking components.

I guess it depends on the one you go to.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 21:53 Quote
now, I'm most that convinced and focused on geting a Sunday 08, looks so nice, surly rides better and i "can" afford it, but is there maybe anything i should know before getting it? or is it a bad moment for getting one after bad news from IH suspension design?

edit. i read the whole thread before posting

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 21:58 Quote
iv heared they are no more as of december 31st

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 22:29 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
i know that sucks

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 22:36 Quote
bubba120491 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
i know that sucks

It means that demand for the Sunday will go up while the supply slowly drops, which means you will be able to sell your Sunday for more $$$.

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 22:37 Quote
theaggressor wrote:
bubba120491 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
i know that sucks

It means that demand for the Sunday will go up while the supply slowly drops, which means you will be able to sell your Sunday for more $$$.

but see i want a medium and thats what everony has and wants now so its jsut gonna be harder for me to get one

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 22:37 Quote
or maybe no, some people wont be that sure about getting a bike off the market, off production

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042663
Mobile Version of Website