Diablo 2011-Opening day

PB Forum :: USA - East
Diablo 2011-Opening day
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 4:04 Quote
Diablo usually has a couple forks for sale in their shop. Maybe call them ahead of time and see if they have or can order it for u and have it waiting when u arrive

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 8:21 Quote
you could also call ridetopa bike shop, which is pretty much a stones throw from the diablo parking lot. im sure they would gladly hook you up and order it for you.

216 State Rt 94
Vernon, NJ 07462-3326
(973) 864-6000

Posted: May 24, 2011 at 4:31 Quote
Anyone ride Diablo this past weekend? I was there on sunday and it kicked my ass. Greasy rocks due to the rain caused me to go down all over the place. I ate it hard on the second stair section of Victory and went head first down the slope on the right. Ripper totally owned me and Stalker was probably my favorite trail of the day. Two days later I still feel like I got hit by a bus. Also saw Duncan Riffle and Andrew Neethling from the giant team there and they were killin it.

Posted: May 24, 2011 at 7:15 Quote
Icculus19425 wrote:
Anyone ride Diablo this past weekend? I was there on sunday and it kicked my ass. Greasy rocks due to the rain caused me to go down all over the place. I ate it hard on the second stair section of Victory and went head first down the slope on the right. Ripper totally owned me and Stalker was probably my favorite trail of the day. Two days later I still feel like I got hit by a bus. Also saw Duncan Riffle and Andrew Neethling from the giant team there and they were killin it.

You going this weekend by chance, Saturday?

Posted: May 24, 2011 at 7:17 Quote
maybe just to watch the race but probably not

Posted: Jun 8, 2011 at 19:25 Quote
another question for you guys, i've been watching diablo videos, and noticed that the bike when are in the gondola, they have to be rested with the downtube on the gondola "wall" or "window" thing. My question is, the part where the bikes rest is metal? or is it covered with some kind of rubber? i dont want to ruin my bike's paint. hope you understand what im trying to ask, thanks!

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2011 at 19:26 Quote
bare metal.......i usually try to rest my bike on the back side of the lower crown.....

Posted: Jun 8, 2011 at 19:37 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
bare metal.......i usually try to rest my bike on the back side of the lower crown.....

shit, is mostly stupid coming from a well established bikepark where the "should" know what people like and dont like.
i may have to make som trickity to avoid damaging the paint nor the stanchions. Thanks again

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2011 at 19:41 Quote
Just cut up a tire and zip tie it to the downtube....it works, my demo has a protective sticker on the bottom and i need to replace my lower crown anyway....

Posted: Jun 8, 2011 at 19:47 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
Just cut up a tire and zip tie it to the downtube....it works, my demo has a protective sticker on the bottom and i need to replace my lower crown anyway....

advice taken Salute

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 11:09 Quote
its really not that big of a deal, If you gently place your bike down it wont scratch the paint, plus if you are worried about your paint dont bother coming to diablo. The rocks will leave a mark no matter how smooth you ride. And if you bail...which you probably will at least once...your bike will be thrown into the rocks like a rag doll. Nothing you can really do about it

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 11:29 Quote
U can always wrap your frame in bubble wrap:P

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 11:37 Quote
mcap wrote:
U can always wrap your frame in bubble wrap:P

you would....haha

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 11:47 Quote
Haha, not me...can't be worried about a couple scratches on DH bike u know. The lifts at Diablo don't mess up your bike if u put it over gently

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024080
Mobile Version of Website