Can this be true?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Can this be true?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 1:15 Quote
Look here,

I've been searching around for a cheap BMX bike to get me rolling into the new petersfield skate park. After about an hour of looking I struck across a couple of "cheap" deals, such as the United Recruit RN2 which retails at £339. (Picture below). The bike looks pretty standard but with all the right bits for learning and flexibility to change parts around.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.thebmxbox.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product_images/united-recruit-rn2-2011-bmx-bike-2.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://unit23skatepark.co.uk/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/u/n/united_rn2_orange_1.jpg
But after coming to the end of my search, I found the cheapest BMX ever! The company is named Mafiabikes, I've never heard of them, but their answer to being so cheap is
bigquotesno agents, no distributors, no shops, no middlemen.
And this is the best bit, you can buy it from them for £172!!!!!!!!!Beer Below is an image of the bike itself, it comes in three different colours, but the black looookss sweet!
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.mafiabike.com/files/mafiabikeclip_1.pngI JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THAT IT IS £172!!!

So my point being, can this forum help me to find anything wrong with it (for a starter bike), and below Ive included the specs of the bike, in comparison to the united recruit RN2, which retails at almost double the price!

Recruit RN2 SPEC
Frame:20.25" Hi Ten Steel, 13.65" Chain Stay, 11.8" BB Height, with Integrated headsetFork:Co-Mo steerer, tapered legs, angled endsChainset:3 piece slim tubular cromo, 175mm, heat treated cranksChainrings:25 Tooth, United designBottom Bracket:Sealed bearing, MidCassette:9 Tooth AlloyChain:KMC Z510Pedals:Eclat Surge PC PedalsFront Brake:Tektro Alloy U BrakeRear Brake:Tektro Alloy U BrakeBrake Levers:Artek medium length alloyHandlebars:7.8" Rise, 26" Wide, 1020 Hi Ten SteelStem:Front load alloy with cut-outsHeadset:Integrated with gyro tab holes, new shapeGrips:New United 2011 complete grips and nylon endsRims:Single wall alloy 36HFront Hub:36H Alloy, 10mm axle, slimline designRear Hub:36H, 14mm axleFront Tyre:Innova 20 x 2.2" Street TreadRear Tyre:Innova 20 x 2.2" Street TreadSaddle:United 2011 Pivotal SlimSeatpost:Alloy PivotalSeat Binder:Integrated (welded) onto frameWeight:25lbs / 11.3kgs

Mafia Bikes CLIP SPEC
20.5 inch TT, 13.75 CS, 75 deg head angle, 9" stand-over, 11.5 BB height. integral seat clamp, CNC head tube & CNC BB, clean, tiny 14mm rear drop outs. Bars, 29" wide, 8.5" high (BIG). Internal sealed headset. spanish sealed BB. Samox 3-piece 4130 crank set. 25T alloy front sprocket. 9T sealed 6 paw driver. alloy 36h hubs (14mm axle rear, 10mm axle front). double wall alex rims. Kenda 2.25 Kontact tyres (fr&rr). C-Star U-brake with clear pads. KHE plastic moulded seat with alloy post. front loader stem. Kraton rubber grips. KMC chrome finish chain. Plastic pedals. 1 year manufacturers warranty. 24.2 lbs

Oh and finally, I actually found a video clip of the bike, but the weird thing being that it's at petersfield skate park!?

Any posts would be appreciated! tup

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 2:27 Quote
Looks to me, it's about the same quality as those other beginner bikes. I think I'm going to buy this for my girlfriend, it's way better than the bike she's riding now. And damn it's cheap!

it has double wall rims, sealed bearings and stuff like that. good stuff!

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 17:33 Quote
if i were you id get the mafia and buy some new parts with the $$$$ youll be saving. youll ended up with a lot better bike for what you wud be paying for the united.

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 17:45 Quote
who sells it because ive come across a couple of sites with 10000 xc bikes for 3000 but they are a rip off

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 23:13 Quote
lol @ bar specs on the Mafia.

bigquotesBars, 29" wide, 8.5" high (BIG).

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 0:50 Quote
bigquotes"No agents, no shops, no distributors, no middlemen"

So how do they sell their product? Is it just some dude who stole a bunch of completes from a Taiwanese factory and is now selling them out of his van?

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 2:31 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:

So how do they sell their product? Is it just some dude who stole a bunch of completes from a Taiwanese factory and is now selling them out of his van?

or they could be shipping them straight from their factory to your house.....

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 2:42 Quote
did anybody get this bike in the end?? if so is it any good?

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 2:49 Quote
Rooker wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:

That would make them the distributor.

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 2:52 Quote
I think they mean no secondary distributor which would raise the price. Or shops which would raise the price. They sell direct. I.E no middle man, like they said. You're smart enough to understand that, Joker. I KNOW you are...Well, I hope at least.

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 3:35 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
Rooker wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:

That would make them the distributor.

nah it wouldn't as a distributer takes the stock from the factory puts it in multiple warehouses then gives out to shops on their request

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 4:40 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
I think they mean no secondary distributor which would raise the price. Or shops which would raise the price. They sell direct. I.E no middle man, like they said. You're smart enough to understand that, Joker. I KNOW you are...Well, I hope at least.

I'm just trollin' a little, I thought my original comment regarding selling bikes out of a van was clear enough on that.

I'm not entirely convinced of the quality of this bike. Under 200 quid for the sort of specs they're boasting is pretty damn cheap... but I think I would wait at least a season to see how the bikes handle hard use.

Then again, I do that with just about every product I buy (one notable exception - I bought a Ratchet when it was first released, because I really wanted one).

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 13:16 Quote
Get that looks clean

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 at 4:25 Quote
My friend Joe Bought one and its lush. great deal

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 at 10:31 Quote
not anoher thread about mafiabikes?, u need to read through those and ull get some sort of ideal

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014368
Mobile Version of Website