Transition TRANSAM?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 6:18 Quote
should i buy the transition transam?? is it capabable of taking abuse and doing some dh/freeride?? or is it more XC orianted?

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 11:55 Quote
It seems expensive, but I sure want one. It strikes me as capable of FR & XC, and hardtail bikes are FUUUUUUNNNNN!!

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 14:33 Quote
i just dont wanna buy an XC bike marketed as AM. i want a hardcore hardtail that will handle abuse. like FR

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 17:28 Quote
transition calls it their "all mountain hardtail"

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 18:46 Quote
The Trans Am is a great bike that is capable of climbing very well with a big fork up front and rips on the downs. The one thing I did not like about the frame was since it is meant to climb it has a slightly longer toptube which took away some of the flickability that I like in a hardtail. It is really just my personal opinion and I'd really suggest you find one to test ride because you may really love it, I however am more of a freerider who likes to climb so I sold my frame 2 months after buying it and now have a shorter more slack frame on it's way.
photo

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 at 6:34 Quote
so it does freeride, just not as well as a more FR oriented frame?

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2011 at 6:46 Quote
Exactly, I would check out some of the threads over on MTBR.com since there is a lot of info on the Trans Am and other all mountain hardtails.

Bikeradar.com review is helpful as well:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/review-transition-transam-frame-only-10-35339

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 at 7:03 Quote
thanks alot bro! it sounds like it would fit me for what i wanna do!
Salute

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010576
Mobile Version of Website