what to buy: Giant yukon or Marin bolinas ridge?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
what to buy: Giant yukon or Marin bolinas ridge?
  • Next Page
Posted: May 4, 2011 at 14:22 Quote
Celtic is spot on. Its better to get the bike you love that works best for you then the okay bike that just works. Most MTB folks I know will always want that new spec and tech so living in your price range is smart too because its easy to go overboard.

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 18:05 Quote
so i got down to the LBS today to take the bikes for a spin. i only got to ride each for about 5 mins(had a mothers day dinner to get to), the giant frame as more comfortable to ride, more rider forward(what im used to). I wasnt able to take the yukon out(didnt have the right size rtr) but i took another model with the same frame geo.

one thing i noticed and wonder about is when the i locked out the spinner forks there was a little bit of play. it seems to "hammer" when you ride over a bump. is this typical for a lock out fork?

i didnt get to try the dart2 forks, i will have to go back next weekend to give it a ride, and ill make a decision then, but im leaning toward the giant. mind you, the paint job is horrible(dark grey and red)

I also found out that both frames have a lifetime warrenty for the original owner, so that is not a issue.

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 18:09 Quote
yellowbox wrote:
so i got down to the LBS today to take the bikes for a spin. i only got to ride each for about 5 mins(had a mothers day dinner to get to), the giant frame as more comfortable to ride, more rider forward(what im used to). I wasnt able to take the yukon out(didnt have the right size rtr) but i took another model with the same frame geo.

one thing i noticed and wonder about is when the i locked out the spinner forks there was a little bit of play. it seems to "hammer" when you ride over a bump. is this typical for a lock out fork?

i didnt get to try the dart2 forks, i will have to go back next weekend to give it a ride, and ill make a decision then, but im leaning toward the giant. mind you, the paint job is horrible(dark grey and red)

I also found out that both frames have a lifetime warrenty for the original owner, so that is not a issue.
forks will move slightly even when locked out. but spinnerdart

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 18:59 Quote
carpy95 wrote:

spinner dart?

i took a ride on the darts today, then dont seem to hammer like the spinnners. the spinner is a lot softer ride unlocked though.

they agreed to swap out the stock tires for Schwalbe land cruisers, maybe a lil to tame for weekend XC riding?
http://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/road_tires/land_cruiser

the 2010 comes with Hayes MX4 brakes, the 2011 comes with Avid BB5s, big differance?

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 19:31 Quote
yellowbox wrote:
carpy95 wrote:

spinner dart?

i took a ride on the darts today, then dont seem to hammer like the spinnners. the spinner is a lot softer ride unlocked though.

they agreed to swap out the stock tires for Schwalbe land cruisers, maybe a lil to tame for weekend XC riding?
http://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/road_tires/land_cruiser

the 2010 comes with Hayes MX4 brakes, the 2011 comes with Avid BB5s, big differance?
sorry i mean spinner is worse than dart

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 4:41 Quote
just picked up a 2010 yukon in grey/red/black, fantastic bike for the price. bike isn't excessively heavy, and i haven't had an issue with the tires yet.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 15:06 Quote
well i picked up the yukon today. I got the tires swapped out for Kenda Small Block Eights before buying it. I havent had a chance to ride it yet, other then the little test ride before i handed over the dough. itll probably take me a couple months to decide if i like it or not, maybe ill update then. for now, thanks for the help in deciding which bike to buy.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.035150
Mobile Version of Website