I am looking to replace my crankset, please help!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
I am looking to replace my crankset, please help!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 3, 2011 at 19:41 Quote
I have a CCM Apex bike and am looking to replace the crankset. The bike is a 24-speed and I was just wondering if what I needed was an 8 speed crankset.. Could you please help me!

Like if I buy a Shimano Alivio FC-M411 Bike Crankset Triple, would it fit my bike?

Posted: May 4, 2011 at 0:20 Quote
Once it fits your bottom bracket you can use any crankset loads of people mix and match 8 and 9 speed.

Your big problem is if you use the new chainrings on your new crankset you have to put on a new chain and cassette to avoid premature wear.

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 14:08 Quote
Ok, so how do I get it to fit to the bottom bracket?

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 16:28 Quote
Alivio cranks are either octalink or square taper, your Bottom bracket should be one or the other also. So just make sure the new one matches or else buy a new bottom bracket as well.

Alivio chainset
Matching bottom bracket

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 at 11:03 Quote
Hi there.

I also purcahsed the CCM Apex. I was hoping to buy a new crankset myself. But the bike shops in my city all tell me to buy a new and serious bike.

I bought the bike because it was on a very good sale and I wanted to start riding again. Maybe down the road I will invest in a more exspensive bike.

My question is. Did you end up replacing the crankset on your Apex? Was it a good mod?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010135
Mobile Version of Website