mongoose fireball 2008 or not?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
mongoose fireball 2008 or not?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 6:22 Quote
hi
i'm thinkin of buyin a brand new mongoose fireball ( 2008 ),
what do people think of this as a dirt bike / all-rounder? i want to use it everyday as well as for jumping - is this an advisable bike?
i am aware that being an 08 spec bike it may not be well known but i would really appreiciate any thoughts/advide/alternative suggestions

cheers

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 6:27 Quote
yer why not looks reasonably good for a beginner...

buy it if you have decided on it as your final choice..Batman Robin tup

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 6:30 Quote
if this is your fist bike (dirt jump bike) then yes it will be a good bike to learn the basics on. then slowly upgrade it when stuff breaks/when you have the money !

my mate has an 07 fireball ( look in my pictures Smile )

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 10:51 Quote
go for it, I would look more twards a ritual. I have an 06 and besides it being heavy they have great geo. and are resonably priced. I rode an 08 ritual at rays and it was much improved over mine. I would look at those first if you can swing it. Unless you dont want single speed then go for the fireball or thunderball. If your looking around the $600 range, also look at the dk xenia, seems to be a good bike. You dont hear of many people on here with a xenia or a ritual. Thats because they are out having fun riding, with all that extra money they saved. They are good platforms to build on. Im ready to step up from my ritual but I had nothing but fun on it, that is after I replaced the cranks with some dietys.

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 14:09 Quote
im getin this bike dis week! bt im geting new forks, seat, bars, grips and pedals straight away!Big Grin

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 23:24 Quote
i have an 06 and its been fine, so go for it, just upgrade it as you can

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
I was also think about getting a mongoose fireball,
do you think its a good all round bike for doing everything on. I mean I ride street, dirt, x-country and would like to try downhill, how do you think it would hold up on the cross country?

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
get one, they r sick. the frame light weight and strong.
i have had one for two months now nd lookin 2 upgrage the forks nd wheels.
got an Avid BB7 on the back with single speed and dmr wingbars on the way.

chris

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 9:35 Quote
but do you reckon i would be able to manage cross country on it cos it only comes in one size? And do you have any recommendations for over do it all bikes?

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
i have only been cross country once or twice, but is was great. first time wit gears 2nd wit out. i found it easyier wit out gears.
i dont know many other bikes. how much money u got?

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 12:51 Quote
chris-5 wrote:
i have only been cross country once or twice, but is was great. first time wit gears 2nd wit out. i found it easyier wit out gears.
bullsh*t cris it heavy not good wheels bend easy brakes arnt good for an extra 20 quid get the mongoose ritual dirt 08 white and blue thats good

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
eavsy wrote:
chris-5 wrote:
bullsh*t cris it heavy not good wheels bend easy brakes arnt good for an extra 20 quid get the mongoose ritual dirt 08 white and blue thats good
this kids right, chris uknoo jacks bikes soo much beter i fink its the street ritual 08, if not its the dirt 1, the 1 wiv gears anyway Smile xx

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012177
Mobile Version of Website