Maybe Impossible but need help

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Maybe Impossible but need help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 9, 2011 at 7:40 Quote
Hi guys im looking to get a new bike the problem im having is i don't have enough money to buy 2 or 3 different bikes so im kinda looking for one that can handle everything. I'm looking for something that can handle lots of urban riding almost like a bmx style during the week when i can't get out to the trails but something that can handle the steep climbs and bombing down hills on the weekend i know they probably don't make a bike that truely does what im looking for but any help will be appreciated. Note: i don't mind paying a little more for one bike that can do it all instead of having to buy multiple lower ends also keep in mind my price range is still pretty limited. looking to do decent size drops, spins, manuals etc.. and bombing downhills without having to walk uphill

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 8:00 Quote
I used to ride an Evil Imperial for everything you described. If you build it up with a good fork it should be able to handle what you are looking for. By limited price what do you mean?

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 8:04 Quote
Long travel hard tail 130mm+?
Only problem is not sure how good that would be for urban/bmx stuff.
They're built for climbing up then "bombing down hills".
A few good English companies make them Ragley, Cotic, Orange, etc. not sure about state side companies.

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 8:04 Quote
A solid hardtail with 115-160mm U-turn domains and a dual ring with guide then build from that with parts of your choice. 2 cents

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 8:05 Quote
hoping for around $1000 but deff no more then 1500 obviously looking to go used

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 8:11 Quote
funkymonkey144 wrote:
A solid hardtail with 115-160mm U-turn domains and a dual ring with guide then build from that with parts of your choice. 2 cents

Domains not a bit heavy for climbing?

Pikes, Sektor, Revelation,32 TALAS might be better choices weight wise and still plenty strong(unless your and absolute animal).

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008400
Mobile Version of Website