How would a Trek Rumblefish II fare versus say...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
How would a Trek Rumblefish II fare versus say...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 10:57 Quote
I can get a deal on Trek bikes through my work, and I was thinking that I'd go ahead and get myself a Rumfish 2 for all of my all mountain desires. But I was wondering if anyone had any input on if the price equivalent Remedy 9 would be a better option. I feel like I like the IDEA of a 29er for any technical rocky sections, however I have not had the chance to ride either of these bikes yet, and want to walk into the bike demo with as much information as possible. Anyone’s experience with these bikes or any equivalent Trek all-mountain bike will be read thoroughly and if that’s not enough, I'll appreciate it heaps.

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 7:53 Quote
please refer to this, we are trying to get that started, I'll help you out there.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=118115

Posted: May 20, 2011 at 17:22 Quote
My buddy was in the same boat and went with the remedy 9. He demoed both bikes numerous times which also gave me the opportunity to ride them as well. The 29er did really well at low speeds on real rocky uneven ground but overall the remedy felt sooooo much better. Ultimately it really comes down to what kind of terrain you are going to be riding. More XC oriented with lots of cobble rocks/roots etc ide say 29er. But if you are looking for true AM bike remedy all the way. Plus the remedy comes with a talas 150 up front which is pretty noice.

Posted: May 20, 2011 at 19:39 Quote
In case he doesn't know, the Fox Talas fork on the Remedy 8 can be dropped to and from 120/150 mm travel in the flip of a switch.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008540
Mobile Version of Website