Wheelset Help

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 6:36 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=40567
http://www.canadabicycleparts.com/sun-rims-rhyno-lite-26-disc-wheelset-p-1719.html
http://www.canadabicycleparts.com/sun-rims-single-track-sl-1-26-disc-wheelset-p-1718.html
if there is anything else you suggest just post it up, its for XC riding and that sort of stuff. I need something cheap in price but the best quality for the buck. Thanks

Posted: May 12, 2011 at 6:54 Quote
Superstar do some nice wheels, haven't tried them yet myself but a few of the lads are mad for them.

Some special offers on now.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 9:41 Quote
celticdavey wrote:
Superstar do some nice wheels, haven't tried them yet myself but a few of the lads are mad for them.

The skeptic in me says thats alot more bling than anything else.... Its a reasonably cheap price, and its light... which questions the durability.

Posted: May 12, 2011 at 10:08 Quote
You can't go wrong with rhynolites. One of the best deals in wheels for as long as I can remember.

Don't buy Shimanos with centerlock hubs - they're nice wheels performance-wise, but they aren't compatible with any other rotors. My bike came stock with XT wheels and it drives me nuts. Shimano makes non-centerlock stuff that is great quality - that would be another good option if you are looking for bang for your buck.

Posted: May 12, 2011 at 14:04 Quote
Cata1yst wrote:
celticdavey wrote:

The skeptic in me says thats alot more bling than anything else.... Its a reasonably cheap price, and its light... which questions the durability.

I haven't tried their wheels myself but some people claim their Evo switch hubs are as good as Hope Pro II's.
Big claim and they're £100 less per pair.

I've used some of their other parts chainguides etc. no problems so far and good prices.
I wouldn't judge them just on the enormous amount of colour options.

Posted: May 12, 2011 at 14:06 Quote
eightpiecebox wrote:
You can't go wrong with rhynolites. One of the best deals in wheels for as long as I can remember.

Don't buy Shimanos with centerlock hubs - they're nice wheels performance-wise, but they aren't compatible with any other rotors. My bike came stock with XT wheels and it drives me nuts. Shimano makes non-centerlock stuff that is great quality - that would be another good option if you are looking for bang for your buck.

Centerlock isn't that big a deal there's loads of adaptors available. Hard to get Shimano 6 bolts for the same sort of prices as the centerlock.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 21:17 Quote

Ive got a set of DP20's laced to formula hubs atm. Not bad for the price you pay.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 22:01 Quote
celticdavey wrote:
Cata1yst wrote:
celticdavey wrote:

I haven't tried their wheels myself but some people claim their Evo switch hubs are as good as Hope Pro II's.

I've used some of their other parts chainguides etc. no problems so far and good prices.

Theres a phrase in motorsport, cheap, fast, reliable. Pick two. (and if you wanna get technical if you wanna go REALLY fast is pick one). So with wheels its always been cheap, light, and strong, Pick two.

I was just assuming the worse. They have some good deals, Mavic 717 laced to a superstar hub with sapim spokes. for about 160 pounds, which is approx 210usd.

But ive heard some FUD about their hubs giving out in 2-6 months.... And that theyre not very approchable with their 2 year warranty.

Anyone wanna comment?

Posted: May 13, 2011 at 8:29 Quote
Cata1yst wrote:
celticdavey wrote:
Cata1yst wrote:

Theres a phrase in motorsport, cheap, fast, reliable. Pick two. (and if you wanna get technical if you wanna go REALLY fast is pick one). So with wheels its always been cheap, light, and strong, Pick two.

I was just assuming the worse. They have some good deals, Mavic 717 laced to a superstar hub with sapim spokes. for about 160 pounds, which is approx 210usd.

But ive heard some FUD about their hubs giving out in 2-6 months.... And that theyre not very approchable with their 2 year warranty.

Anyone wanna comment?
I know where your coming from, I'm planing to try them on my next build (Evo switch on ZTR Flow) just a small matter of money now that the Blue Pig x frame as finally gone on sale.
I'd also be interested in anybody's experiences with them.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034661
Mobile Version of Website