What fork pressure?

• Previous Page
Posted: May 16, 2011 at 18:06 Quote
I have a Banshee Rune with a Fox Float 36 180 and they recommend 60psi + or - 5psi, I'm about 180 with full gear. I have it built up for AM/DH/FR but 60 psi seems too low. Even on single track and using my body as suspension but I'm still blowing through about 6" of travel. I've tried adjusting the low and high compression but I never really feel a difference. The only thing I feel a difference on is the rebound and the fork is brand new, does this seem like the right pressure?

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 18:07 Quote
increase the pressure. its only a suggestion.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 18:12 Quote
im not sure if its the same for forks as it is for fox shocks, but your sposed to take your weight and ad 30 psi

O+ FL
Posted: May 16, 2011 at 18:23 Quote
NWray wrote:
im not sure if its the same for forks as it is for fox shocks, but your sposed to take your weight and ad 30 psi
its gonna be totally different. pump it to the recomended pressure, then take sag measurements... run it where you want it, probably between 25-35%

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 18:26 Quote
z-man wrote:
NWray wrote:
its gonna be totally different. pump it to the recomended pressure, then take sag measurements... run it where you want it, probably between 25-35%
wasnt sure ive got like zero experience with tuning fox's, there also doesnt seem to be an easily locatable recommended psi range chart like marzo has Confused

O+ FL
Posted: May 16, 2011 at 18:29 Quote
NWray wrote:
z-man wrote:
NWray wrote:
wasnt sure ive got like zero experience with tuning fox's, there also doesnt seem to be an easily locatable recommended psi range chart like marzo has Confused
its hard to have a chart that is super accurate. not all bikes have the weight balanced between the 2 wheels equally, meaning you're gonna get some variance from frame to frame.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 18:32 Quote
true but marzo's chart gives you something to use a starting point

O+ FL
Posted: May 16, 2011 at 18:33 Quote
so does rockshox, and fox...

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 18:40 Quote
yet ive been un able to find a chart from fox ? ive been scanning their website for 20 minsConfused

havent looked on RS yet

O+ FL
Posted: May 16, 2011 at 18:44 Quote
well the OP seems to know what the recommended setting is.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 19:00 Quote
I found I have to run my fox fork(32 talas) with a bit more than the recommended pressure, and slightly less sag.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 19:37 Quote
Another member one here gave me a link on fox's website and it was a chart and explained how to use the settings. I'm finding with my bike and weight that 70psi feels better. I'll do some DH tomorrow and see how it feels. Will I feel more drastic changes in the hi/low compression settings when I'm pushing the bike harder on DH/FR than just XC and single track riding?

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 19:39 Quote
here you go

http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/011/index.html

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 20:51 Quote
I was told by a local tech to take my weight and divide by two. That's about what I use if I want my fork fairly stiff otherwise I would bump it down by 5 psi. so if you weigh 180 then you'd want somewhere in the area of 85-90 psi, you could even try 80.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 21:01 Quote
psi maters not set it to the right sag and go from there

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010421
Mobile Version of Website