Cost to Put gears on a jump bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Cost to Put gears on a jump bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 17, 2011 at 3:34 Quote
Hi all,

Im looking at buying a god all mountain bike that can do everything i want it to. So far i have discovered the Specilaized P all mountain, Kona shred and Santa cruz chameleon which fit the bill. However due to my limited budget im finding it difficult to find one for sale near me.

So i thought could i put gears on a jump bike and how much would it cost.

Can pepole help me with the components i would need to fit and roughly how much it would cost?

thank you

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 8:13 Quote
What about an on-one 456?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROO456/on-one-456-frame

One of the best frames Ive ever ridden.

If you are putting gears on your bike I suppose it depends on what grade of components you want. You'd probably need a need a new rear wheel or else change the hub which is a pain in the arse. Your dropouts would need to be compatible. So if you have all that sorted just price a front and rear derraileur, cassette and chainring, and shifters x2 and probably a bashguard if its all mountain. And you'd probably need a new seat post if your bike is a dirt jumper. It wont be particularly cheap but it'd be cheaper than buying a full bike i suppose. But then you'd have no dirt jump bike...

If i was you I'd save up and buy a proper AM hard tail. I'm planning on getting a 456 this summer if i can.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009854
Mobile Version of Website