Bike Shop Help!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bike Shop Help!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 12:18 Quote
Hey guys i have an opinion question. Ok so my fork was needing a rebuild and I knew it had some problems. So I took it to my LBS who i have never had any problems with. I find out that it needs a new rebound dampener (no suprise) and shell out the 100 dollars for the part. With shipping labor and all that good stuff (oh and tax) it came out to 220 dollars for the rebuild. I was told though that all the other internals looked great including the bushings and what not. I got the fork on my bike and was finally ready to ride (fork was in the shop for a MONTH because the part took FOREVER to ship) when to ride and there was no rebound dampening, Compression dampening and they had just put a new rebound dampener in!?!? Well before taking it to them i emailed manitou and they said to check the oil level, i did and it was low. so i took it back to the shop and had the correct the oil level problem. But there was still no rebound dampening. Then i spent a week in the hospital and was unable to get my bike to the shop. I finally got it back in and they said that they probably didnt put the rebound dampener in correctly. So they we gonna fix it for free (as they should) i get a call a week later that upon dissasemply the found that the compressoin dampener was floating around in the oil and that it had totally worn out. They continued to say that that shouldnt have happened under normal riding and that they didnt know what happened. (but i had only ridden it twice very lightly since i got it back so i knew it wasnt me). They say that the part is 50 dollars and that i will be paying for it. They finally got that part in after 3 weeks and get it back together and test it to find out that the compression side is STILL not working the way it was suposed to. So they took it apart again yesterday and found that a bushing for rebound control (they described it as a topout dampener) was missing. The thing is that it wasnt missing origonally. AHHHHHHHHHH they are driving me crazy. Im not sure what i should do next. Possibly just wait till they fix it and demand that they give it to me free of charge or what. Even then im not sure if stu (head guy) would go for that.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Posted: May 22, 2011 at 13:43 Quote
I think the best thing to do would be to dump that fork and buy a new one, some fork simply doesn't worth the trouble and wasn't design to last. that's too bad you already spend/waste 200+$ on it.

Posted: May 22, 2011 at 15:08 Quote
Which is what I would love to do. But first I'm 16 so I don't have that kind of disposable income ( though I do have 2 jobs) the thing is I have those jobs because I'm building a 4000 dollar dream machine. So I don't want to put a new fork on this bike seeing as the next fork im buying is a 36 talas. BUT that bike wont be done for about a year so I need this one for the time being. Any ideas of good arguments to get it app for no more charge. From them on im just gonna run it until it dies. No more money for it

Posted: May 23, 2011 at 16:36 Quote
Well I went in today and talked with a guy there that has always been of help. Hes a mtber so he seemed to sympathize with not only my problems but also with the wanting to save money for my new steed. He offered my a loaner bike till i get mine back and really made me feel beter. Things are looking up. time to go to work and make some more money for my dream machine

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009192
Mobile Version of Website