* Post Your Videos for Critiques *

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
* Post Your Videos for Critiques *
Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 14:54 Quote
mjwalker514 wrote:
Hello, Forum readers! My name is Matt Walker and I am trying to break into the biking video game. I really enjoy the challenge of filming and the creativity of editing. I am, however, very inexperienced. I am putting my video here in hopes of receiving some constructive criticisms of my work. I really appreciate your thoughts and advice.

Hey, i enjoyed that, there were some really nice shots in there. I agree with what Jose-David-DH said but unless you can shoot at 60fps i would try to avoid using slow motion as it will just blur, so maybe pick faster paced songs. also a few of the shots were pretty shakey so i would stick to the tripod as much as you can and try vary the shots, so some more close ups and maybe some faster pans with the rider would have been good. other than that though it was pretty good. finally i dont know what software your using but you might want to look into doing a little bit of colour correcting and grading just to improve the look of it.

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 16:58 Quote
@TomForbes thanks a lot man! That comment is chalk full of invaluable advice. I will definitely try to vary my shots next time. And I agree, the shots with the tripod turned out way better than the other shots. As far as varying shots, what extra lense would be best to help me gain a greater variety in shots?

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 17:57 Quote
TomForbes wrote:
Hey, i enjoyed that, there were some really nice shots in there. I agree with what Jose-David-DH said but unless you can shoot at 60fps i would try to avoid using slow motion as it will just blur, so maybe pick faster paced songs. also a few of the shots were pretty shakey so i would stick to the tripod as much as you can and try vary the shots, so some more close ups and maybe some faster pans with the rider would have been good. other than that though it was pretty good. finally i dont know what software your using but you might want to look into doing a little bit of colour correcting and grading just to improve the look of it.
hey, on the rider intro, i liked the shaking on the camera, it kinda matches the song... but just on the rider intro where the song allowed that, must not over-use the shake... +1 at shooting at 60fps or even 50/48 if you're exporting it on 24 or 25fps for that cinema look tup

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 18:26 Quote
mjwalker514 wrote:
@TomForbes thanks a lot man! That comment is chalk full of invaluable advice. I will definitely try to vary my shots next time. And I agree, the shots with the tripod turned out way better than the other shots. As far as varying shots, what extra lense would be best to help me gain a greater variety in shots?
No problem, What camera and lense/lenses are you using at the moment? i currently only really use my 17-85mm because it gives a great range and i love my 50mm 1.8 to get a nice depth of field and some really crisp shots. I will be investing in a telephoto lens soon but you can definatley manage with out. I was also going to say that your logo in the profile pic would look a lot nicer at the end of the video than the 'walker films' text.

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 21:37 Quote
Views: 278    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

First bike video I've shot in 4 years...

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 2:34 Quote
Views: 137    Faves: 1    Comments: 0
1st ENDURO race in Bachledova

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 11:03 Quote
@TomForbes. I use a canon t3i with the standard lense. I really like the camera. I agree with the logo being better, unfortunately I didn't have the logo till after the movie was rendered.

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 at 7:57 Quote
Views: 451    Faves: 6    Comments: 4

what do you think ?

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 at 11:27 Quote
(Password protected)
Views: 3,844    Faves: 23    Comments: 22
This video is password protected.

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 at 20:25 Quote
poritz wrote:
Views: 451    Faves: 6    Comments: 4

what do you think ?

Sick. Two things to critique; Maybe make the intro flow a little faster, and try to think from shot to shot and how each one will flow into the next. THink about how you are going to edit while you are still in the shooting process.
Other than that, really cool!

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 at 19:26 Quote
thekayo wrote:
(Password protected)
color correction on the thumbnail made me watch this Razz

I would have shot that at 60fps or something for slow-mo stuff and keep the rider closer to the camera, but it was a sick vid

Posted: Aug 28, 2013 at 13:49 Quote
not the best at making vids andwe arnt the best riders in the world but heres some singletrack..nothing technical just singletrack....yeah im the a*shole pointing at the camera lol.......we made this video for my cousin (white shorts) for a class project on what he thought was the american dream to him....so adam here you go..(sry i put this here i dont know how to ad to my page)

Posted: Aug 28, 2013 at 17:39 Quote
Jose-David-DH wrote:
thekayo wrote:
(Password protected)
color correction on the thumbnail made me watch this Razz

I would have shot that at 60fps or something for slow-mo stuff and keep the rider closer to the camera, but it was a sick vid

hey we did shoot in 60 fps and there was no color correction added at all those colors are produced from cannon t4i
thanks !

Posted: Aug 29, 2013 at 13:59 Quote
Views: 1,353    Faves: 5    Comments: 2

Here's something I've been working on recently. What do you think?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021274
Mobile Version of Website