2012 Specialized Demo 8/ bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
2012 Specialized Demo 8/ bikes
Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 22:31 Quote
parasg wrote:
reds wrote:
Plenty of better rims out there. Spank rims = cheese.

Which wheelset would you recommend then?

Hope + Stans/Mavic/Hope hoops for example.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2016 at 13:31 Quote
Hey there,

I ride a Demo 8 I Carbon 2016 an was wondering if anyone of you experienced the same problem: when I preload the bike e.g bunny hop or jumping in general, there is a sensation of something being lose and having play as in not correctly tightened headset. Problem is the headset is tightened correctly. I checked the rear axle as well for play an tightened it up. Same problem. Maybe the bushings of the Ohlins shock?

Cheers!

Posted: Nov 21, 2016 at 13:49 Quote
fredmeister wrote:
Hey there,

I ride a Demo 8 I Carbon 2016 an was wondering if anyone of you experienced the same problem: when I preload the bike e.g bunny hop or jumping in general, there is a sensation of something being lose and having play as in not correctly tightened headset. Problem is the headset is tightened correctly. I checked the rear axle as well for play an tightened it up. Same problem. Maybe the bushings of the Ohlins shock?

Cheers!

Not likely. But check the hole bike,put it on the ground and just a little bit raise the the saddle. Just like 0,3 mm, then put it down fast. To this continuously for few seconds, and if you have something loose or a bearing with free play, you should hear a cracking noise. See from where it comes from

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 at 1:19 Quote
fredmeister wrote:
Hey there,

Cheers!
If you are interested in ohlins bearings/ hardware, im ur man

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 at 6:57 Quote
fredmeister wrote:
Hey there,

Cheers!

Definitely the spherical bearing, they unfortuately have to be replaced a fair amount. Take your shock out to see if its loose

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 5:00 Quote
Hello! Sw Demo 8 2016, not unscrew main bb pivot, a special key is to frame inserting a 6 mm screw-drive bend and unscrew pivot bb. Who is this problem?

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 6:47 Quote
Hello

Do you know what is the headset that the alu demo 2014 has? The cane creek site gives me the following which is a bit "Chinese" to me:

- Upper Headset Fit IS 42/28.6
- Lower Headset Fit IS 52/40

And the specialized manual for all 2014 fsr bikes at http://service.specialized.com/collateral/ownersguide/new/assets/pdf/0000017543_R3.pdf just mentions:

- 1.5” upper / 1.5” lower

Which exactly should I buy?

Thanks

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 7:42 Quote
[Quote="cherouvim"]Hello

Do you know what is the headset that the alu demo 2014 has? The cane creek site gives me the following which is a bit "Chinese" to me:

And the specialized manual for all 2014 fsr bikes at http://service.specialized.com/collateral/ownersguide/new/assets/pdf/0000017543_R3.pdf just mentions:

Thanks[/Quate]

Upper 49/28.6
Lower 49/30

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 16:37 Quote
[Quote="AnswerPR"]
cherouvim wrote:
Hello

Thanks[/Quate]

Upper 49/28.6
Lower 49/30

I just replaced the headset in my '14 demo with the cane creek 40 series. I used: 40.ZS49 TOP CONVERSION BAA0078K for the top and 40.EC49 CONVERSION BOTTOM BAA0207K for the bottom. I'm running a 2016 fox float for reference.

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 20:16 Quote
Looking to upgrade the Van on my 14 Demo. Wondering if a TTX takeoff from a 17 works well on the older model. Having a hard time finding a definitive answer. Don't want to buy a shock and have a hard time or spend a lot of money to make it work. Also, some input on the TTX. I see some say it's a game changer, others say overrated. What's my best option for upgrading the Van?

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 20:51 Quote
TugboatComplex wrote:
Looking to upgrade the Van on my 14 Demo. Wondering if a TTX takeoff from a 17 works well on the older model. Having a hard time finding a definitive answer. Don't want to buy a shock and have a hard time or spend a lot of money to make it work. Also, some input on the TTX. I see some say it's a game changer, others say overrated. What's my best option for upgrading the Van?

I swapped from a TTX to a vivid air and haven't looked back.

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 21:30 Quote
jkavros wrote:
TugboatComplex wrote:

M/m or m/l? Did you need anything extra to get it mounted and tuned properly? Sorry bout the questions, I'm trying to learn as much as I can and as I read more and more, upgrading my rear shock is a bit overwhelming for a suspension novice like myself. Lol.

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 21:53 Quote
TugboatComplex wrote:
jkavros wrote:
TugboatComplex wrote:

M/m or m/l? Did you need anything extra to get it mounted and tuned properly? Sorry bout the questions, I'm trying to learn as much as I can and as I read more and more, upgrading my rear shock is a bit overwhelming for a suspension novice like myself. Lol.

M/M tune. You need the correct spacers and bushings(FWIW, I had my buddy machine some of the longer spacers down for me). As far as tuning goes, it would be like any other shock except you add one more adjustment in, air pressure. That being said, the flexibility and weight savings that comes with the Vivid Air is quite amazing.

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 21:26 Quote
TugboatComplex wrote:
Bought a TTX second hand, needs a service and still I would say it's the best shock on the market. Had ridden a vivid air, vivid coil, DHX2, and van rc, and the Öhlins IS a game changer. It just knows had to deal with terrain. As well as being completely robust staying cool and quiet. I'll be riding Öhlins till I die.

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 21:28 Quote
Does anyone know why the s-link is a three piece, screwed together part?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014342
Mobile Version of Website