Tips for 180's ?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Tips for 180's ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 30, 2011 at 14:09 Quote
hey i want to learn how to 180 but im having some problems i can 90 perfectly but cant make 180s i got good fackies as well ?? any help Confused

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 at 14:23 Quote
bradz97 wrote:
hey i want to learn how to 180 but im having some problems i can 90 perfectly but cant make 180s i got good fackies as well ?? any help Confused
try them standing still and coil you body one way and spring the way you spin then when you can do it that way try rolling ones practicing by going up the ramped bits of curb helps alot too so you get a little kick

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 at 14:27 Quote
bradz97 wrote:
Thanks Smile
Hope it helps just ask if u dont make them that way its just practice really tup

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 at 14:55 Quote
Carve into them and look behind you

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 at 7:58 Quote
can you do it on a quarter yet? learn there first (and dont cheat... go up straight, 180, land straight). Once you've got the motion down it's about muscle memory and technique. You just need to get your hop high enough and spin hard enough, since you already have the motion from the practice on the quarter. To get the rotation, turn your head and shoulders as far around as possible and keep trying to look farther around. They are a great little trick once you get it, since you can do it anywhere and if you can fakie more than a few cranks around it can look really cool too. Also, practice sliders. They look cool.

Posted: Jul 2, 2011 at 13:14 Quote
check out my tutorial im pretty sure it will help ya Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXH-R1d058

Posted: Jul 2, 2011 at 23:17 Quote
to learn 180s
step 1- learn them on quarter pipes
step 2- learn them on steep banks
step 3- learn them on less steep banks
step 4- learn them out steep banks
step 5- learn them out less steep banks
step 6- keep going down in bank steepness till eventually your doing them flat.

step 7- do flat 180s everywehere yay

Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 4:01 Quote
tacoved wrote:
to learn 180s
step 2- learn them on steep banks
step 3- learn them on less steep banks
step 4- learn them out steep banks
step 6- keep going down in bank steepness till eventually your doing them flat.

Dis tup

Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 15:17 Quote
go fast,spin and dont be a shit bag tup

Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 17:16 Quote
look behind you for butterflies and your body will follow

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 17:03 Quote
tacoved wrote:
to learn 180s

thats what i did

Posted: Oct 13, 2011 at 20:52 Quote
When people say 'look behind you' they dont tell you that what actually is happening is your shoulders are turning. Your shoulders dont always follow your head but if you concentrate on it it will happen. carve the opposite way to your spin and then carve into it so you get a bit more momentum and pull up hard. Also can someone give me some tips on fakies because I can spin fine but my foot always stops back pedalling

Posted: Oct 13, 2011 at 21:27 Quote
i can do them flat but i dont think im going fast enough because i dont start rolling fakie and prolly cuz i try and go forward as soon as i land but going backwards after them seems scary even though i can fakie fine but yeah turning your shoulders and looking behind hels alot cuz your body will follow your head and shoulders

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014318
Mobile Version of Website