New seals...terrible leaking...marzocchi 888

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
New seals...terrible leaking...marzocchi 888
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 10:46 Quote
I replaced my old seals with new marzocchi seals a few months ago on my 888vf in anticipation for summer. Yesterday, I had my first ride, and to my surprise, both legs were pissing oil out completely, even ruining my front brake (made for an interesting day of lift assist).

Maybe I missed something, but these seals were installed, to the best of my knowledge, absolutely correctly and by the manual. Did I miss something? Do these seals need a break in period before they work correctly? I'm a little bit baffled as to why it would be doing this, and if anyone had any similar instances in which this has happened, I'd love to know how you curved the problem...Thanks

Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 10:49 Quote
Marzocchi have a Pinkbike account called marzocchiusa and they respond very quickly.They will probly give you the best answer

FL
Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 10:50 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
Marzocchi have a Pinkbike account called marzocchiusa and they respond very quickly.They will probly give you the best answer

Thanks for the heads up...I'll shoot them a message.

Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 18:01 Quote
its marzocchi. they just suck at life sometimes. but yes 1 ride is a bit extreme

Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 18:15 Quote
Check to see if the oil seals were installed upside down. It happens.

FL
Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 19:09 Quote
comacruz wrote:
Check to see if the oil seals were installed upside down. It happens.
The tapered ends go in first...followed by the clips correct?

FL
Posted: Jul 4, 2011 at 10:54 Quote
Thanks for the help guys. I got in contact with marzocchi and its being handled courteously and professionally! Special thanks to Bryson at marz.

Posted: Mar 1, 2012 at 9:54 Quote
I know it's a tad late! But I've just had the exact same thing happen to my seals ruining my front brake but on only the left lower, have you fixed yours and could you help me please Ironchefjon? Cheers Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009607
Mobile Version of Website