Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: May 19, 2015 at 0:42 Quote
EuanPalmer wrote:
so Ive got a specialized status 1 if i put a boxxer on it, will it change the geometry greatly, and what rear shock should I get?

As @MrDuck mentioned, it won't change it that much. The boxxer has 568mm a2c (200mm travel) while the vengeance is 565 (170mm travel). Doing some calculation 3 x 2mm = 6mm sag, therefore, you'll end up like 3mm below the vengeance Big Grin Something more the status 1 headset adds 10mm to the stack so you have to be careful when you choose the new one.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2015 at 2:08 Quote
georgevorobyov wrote:
EuanPalmer wrote:
so Ive got a specialized status 1 if i put a boxxer on it, will it change the geometry greatly, and what rear shock should I get?

As @MrDuck mentioned, it won't change it that much. The boxxer has 568mm a2c (200mm travel) while the vengeance is 565 (170mm travel). Doing some calculation 3 x 2mm = 6mm sag, therefore, you'll end up like 3mm below the vengeance Big Grin Something more the status 1 headset adds 10mm to the stack so you have to be careful when you choose the new one.

Slacker is better no need to worry bro.

Posted: May 19, 2015 at 5:14 Quote
...Vivid Air all the way

Anyone run a Fox 180 air upfront, how did it handle compared to a coil boxxer or similar? Currently running vivid air on the back with (J-Tech cartridge) coil boxxer up front.

I'm interested in saving even more weight. Not sure if it's worth it...

Posted: May 19, 2015 at 14:32 Quote
Does anyone know what size of Vivid Air shock the status needs?

I've read in different places saying that specialized site is incorrect at a 8.5x2.5 measurement. I'm on a 2012 Status I.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2015 at 5:43 Quote
mangood wrote:

I've read in different places saying that specialized site is incorrect at a 8.5x2.5 measurement. I'm on a 2012 Status I.

Yes! The shock question is not dead!! I'm gonna bring it back every couple of pages just to keep it going. Lol

You need 8.75x2.75 mang.

Posted: May 20, 2015 at 9:18 Quote
sdiz wrote:
mangood wrote:

Yes! The shock question is not dead!! I'm gonna bring it back every couple of pages just to keep it going. Lol

You need 8.75x2.75 mang.

I don't know if one single typo has ever caused as much headaches and confusion as the shock measurement typo.

Posted: May 20, 2015 at 9:36 Quote
sdiz wrote:
mangood wrote:

You need 8.75x2.75 mang.

Thank you sir!

Posted: May 20, 2015 at 9:50 Quote
hey guys, does anyone know where to find paint concepts for the status 1 2013? or any status for that matter? wanna give my ride a paintjob Wink

Posted: May 20, 2015 at 12:13 Quote
Hi, just bought a specialized status frame, 2013 and in a small. I think it comes with a fox dhx shock, but I am thinking of perhaps fitting an air shock. Would this be any good?

Rear Shock MONARCH PLUS RC3 HIGH VOLUME 222x66 Tune: Medium Rebound/Medium Compression.

Cheers, Simone

O+
Posted: May 20, 2015 at 15:56 Quote
moniex wrote:
Hi, just bought a specialized status frame, 2013 and in a small. I think it comes with a fox dhx shock, but I am thinking of perhaps fitting an air shock. Would this be any good?

Rear Shock MONARCH PLUS RC3 HIGH VOLUME 222x66 Tune: Medium Rebound/Medium Compression.

Cheers, Simone

You need a 222x70mm shock to get the stock 200mm of travel a 222x63.5 will also fit but it will reduce the travel to around 185mm. Personally I'd recomend a DH shock like the CCDB air or the Vivid instead of a XC shock (I don't see that length being available in the sram site).

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 8:19 Quote
moniex wrote:

Cheers, Simone

id recommend the vivid air as it is the most common air-shock in dh and freeride.

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 8:21 Quote
also, what specific brakes do i need? i wanna get some saints, what mount? what disk-size is best? and where to get em as cheap as possible? i know its insane to ask for cheap saints but maybe someone knows somebody that wants to sell theirs? Wink

O+
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 8:50 Quote
203 front and rear. Need IS adapter for rear. Not sure what fork you have....

And I'm sure your lbs would be more than happy to get what you need.

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
2013 x fusion veg. the standard fork or the status1

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 9:21 Quote
sdiz wrote:
203 front and rear. Need IS adapter for rear. Not sure what fork you have....

And I'm sure your lbs would be more than happy to get what you need.

my lbs? what u mean?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.038678
Mobile Version of Website