Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 10:00 Quote
grantgeesmith wrote:
Dickiescbb wrote:
Iám 5"11 and a Large is perfect for me. and wen your 6'3 u need and XL Wink dont know if specs makes them though
am 5 10 and find my medium is too small for me, dickies cbb a bit off topic i see your from the Netherlands is there any decent bike parks across there?

No there is not Big Grin so wen the season starts ( about now in belgium ) we drive to the bikeparks so one weekend we go the next we are home and doing some XC stuff. Belgium is around 3 hours for us and germany is around 4 hours. But if u wanna come here for downhill biking your in the wrong country its flat here Big Grin

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 10:08 Quote
Tomfish1 wrote:
Air or coil in rear, 2015 status.
I'm picking up a status for my son, he is 14 and not very aggressive at all. We will be riding it exclusively at the parks, including summer gravity camp in Whistler.
So should I put a vivid air or coil shock on the rear. We are going to put this fox float 36 180 on the front.
thx

I tried a vivid air in my status and could not get it to ride as nice as with my CCDB coil. The vivid air made the bike a bit lazy in my experience. But its all personal man your kid is 14 years old doesn't matter if u give him a status with a coil or an air shock he is going to go nuts wen he gets it and probably ride the shit out of it regardless of suspension Big Grin that's what i like about young kids man there happy with what they get, and just ride it instead of whining about how the bike feels i thinks that's something that comes with age Wink Ride on

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 14:04 Quote
Yeah i had a look and couldnt find any, ill probs just take my jump bike to doss about the streets on, yeah he should love the status what ever you choose, i rode the standard suspension across in the alps and it was still great fun, i just wanted boxxers after a year of riding

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 14:29 Quote
U should really visit the bikepark in Belgium Malmady its one of my favorites its 10€ for 15 uplifts and its just good fun. Make sure wen u go to bring tools and spare parts like a dealier and hanger and tyres since there is absolutly nothing out there not shop no atm machine nothing just a crappy hotel Big Grin . There is alot of parks in the UK me and my friend are planning to go to revolution bikepark this year

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 at 17:55 Quote
Tomfish1 wrote:
Air or coil in rear, 2015 status.
I'm picking up a status for my son, he is 14 and not very aggressive at all. We will be riding it exclusively at the parks, including summer gravity camp in Whistler.
So should I put a vivid air or coil shock on the rear. We are going to put this fox float 36 180 on the front.
thx

Actually its your choice. Some says coil is better than air. And some says air is better than coil. For me, if what you are thinking or dreaming of, that would work better for you unless your listening negative comments bout it. Im using Fox Float X2 on my status. And its great for me. Im not a racer but will ride aggressively. My X2 works great and smooth. But took me a while setting up the shock on my riding style. But when you tune it perfectly, thats it.
photo

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 17:35 Quote
270+ pages of great info. Thanks everyone for sharing. I bought a used status last week and will be posting pics as soon as I get a day off work. I gotta get this thing ready for DH season.

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 at 0:24 Quote
Awesome mate hope you enjoy it

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 at 5:56 Quote
I ended up getting a Cane Creek double barrel coil what mounting hardware will I need

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 at 11:37 Quote
betitoraveli wrote:
photo
You have one of the sickest statuses built ever. Drool Beer

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 1:12 Quote
georgevorobyov wrote:
betitoraveli wrote:
photo
You have one of the sickest statuses built ever. Drool Beer
Agreed, not a fan of those brakes, but i just wish i can try status on fox like this one. Shit is that I still cant ride due to injury. I had to cancel order of new wheelset and fork due to this fckn shoulder...

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 5:27 Quote
does anyone know the size of the nut holding on the rear tire?I was changing a flat and one disappeared,I tried various sizes from a bolt bin at work,fine thread,coarse thread,metric,standard,none will thread up,the axle threads are not damaged,anyone know?

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 7:10 Quote
Couldnt tell you the size of pitch of theard, but i got two from a place called halfords in the uk, i type into google 10mm rear track nut and found some for 2.99, but i see your from america i dont know what they would call them http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/bike-wheels/halfords-10mm-wheel-track-nuts
Theres a link to the ones i got and they fit no problem

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 18:15 Quote
Just finished my son's 2015 Status build. We are ready for summer!!
photo

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 18:25 Quote
can I be your sons brother?

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 22:39 Quote
..and then, can I be jmartinbiking's brother? kthx

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016818
Mobile Version of Website