2008 specialized enduro's rear suspension creaks what should i do ?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2008 specialized enduro's rear suspension creaks what should i do ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 14, 2011 at 12:18 Quote
how should i go about getting rid of the sound

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 at 15:11 Quote
Well you can try a localize the sound. I usually use an old handle bar (alloy!) and a helper. Have the helper press on the seat or side load the cranks and duplicate the noise. Use the handle bar at each pivot (including shock mounts!) and listen for the noise. The sound will get much louder at the noisiest pivot/pivots. I've found usually noises come in sets of three Big Grin

Or maybe it's due for a total overhaul and tear the whole back end apart to clean and grease!

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 at 16:31 Quote
cdad-martinez wrote:
Well you can try a localize the sound. I usually use an old handle bar (alloy!) and a helper. Have the helper press on the seat or side load the cranks and duplicate the noise. Use the handle bar at each pivot (including shock mounts!) and listen for the noise. The sound will get much louder at the noisiest pivot/pivots. I've found usually noises come in sets of three Big Grin

Or maybe it's due for a total overhaul and tear the whole back end apart to clean and grease!
a screwdriver is easyer to use, as long as you use the handle to listen with and not the blade

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 at 17:53 Quote
if i do the complete overhall would i need torx wrenches or just regukar allen wrenches to take it apart and put it back together and would i just use my chain oil to greasethem or something else

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 at 18:22 Quote
You use grease for bearings, the balls would move oil away from were it is needed, grease is thick so is forced between the ball and race

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008558
Mobile Version of Website