Cyclists- Rant about your experiences with motorists!!

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Cyclists- Rant about your experiences with motorists!!
Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 17:42 Quote
never-stop wrote:
Had a few times where i had to bang my hand on the side of a car to get them to notice me, usually works though

I did that before...scared the crap out of the driver Lol.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 2:36 Quote
man that sucks Blank Stare RIP to all the cyclist

I was shocked that even when i was riding with a child trailer on the back of my bike not all drivers gave me a safe amount of room, i didn't have a child in there, i ride slowly on the path when i do, but still...

or even with a pair of wheels on my back, same thing

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 2:41 Quote
Drivers don't know the rules of the road unless they're cyclists themselves, takes the p*ss. They should undergo a set of questions on their theory test really, so they know what to look out for and do. Cyclist arm signals included.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 4:58 Quote
psyclist wrote:
Drivers don't know the rules of the road unless they're cyclists themselves, takes the p*ss. They should undergo a set of questions on their theory test really, so they know what to look out for and do. Cyclist arm signals included.

This arguement can go on and on, i dont know an amicable finish.
This makes for a good read and somewhat of an explanation to some things:

http://www.londoncyclist.co.uk/raf-pilot-teach-cyclists/

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 5:10 Quote
Bookmarked that, cheers.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 6:49 Quote
I love little factoids like that.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 7:05 Quote
I think everybody should read it, very well written/typed up.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 7:35 Quote
This is the worst that happened to me. The driver seemed to think I should of been keeping to the left in the gutter to assist in his failed overtake and then decided that he would try to put me in my place but all he has managed to get me to do is take a stronger position on this section.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 7:44 Quote
No wonder cyclists get road rage, that's just taking the p*ss. Did he get into crap for it with the police?

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 7:46 Quote
Yeah if you havent already you need to go to the police, thats assault with a deadly weapon or similar?

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 7:53 Quote
Looks like it's bordering that. Some bloke in a BMW (or Merc) did similar to my mate, his SPD's left a nice long scratch down the side of the car.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 8:25 Quote
I went to the police and they could not give a f*ck just wish I had no bar ends since that would of been a nice amount of paint missing from his left side.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 13:23 Quote
I think you spoke to the wrong officer. You should persist and try again with them. This is a very dangerous man.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 13:41 Quote
Not a bicycle, but somebody tried to run my girlfriend off the road when she was on her motorcycle last summer.

I'm going to install dash cams on both our bikes and hopefully the next time something like that happens, the person will lose their driving privileges.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009300
Mobile Version of Website