GoPro Helmet Mount Help

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
GoPro Helmet Mount Help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 at 23:59 Quote
Hello,

I just received my GoPro today and decided to mount it to the side of my Fox DH helmet right side. My question is, is it better to mount above or below the goggle strap?

If I mount above and want a lower point of view I imagine it isn't to hard to turn the camera upside down.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I really haven't found to many threads or photos with the specifics.

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 17:52 Quote
There is a setting built into the camera to record upside down actually, but it is also very easy to rotate images in a program like Sony Vegas.

Personaly I find the quick release clip used on the helmet mounts for GoPro wobbled slightly, so stuff it with blue tac to prevent any shake in the camera. I saw the other day the BBC use GoPro cameras now, but not any of the standard casing or attachments that you can purchase for it.

You can also get chest cam attachments, but depending on how rough the ride and the riders style, you might not get the right angle of view.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 21:12 Quote
I just mounted it below the goggle strap on the side. Gets a pretty decent angle. I also mount to the top of my helmet when I wanna mix things up.

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 at 4:24 Quote
Because its fixed focus, to get highquality cool looking shots, you want put something within like a meter of it to focus on, i discovered this when trying to mount it on the handlebars, without any blue-tac jammed in the handlebar attachment.

Also be warned at high speed, with bouncing of suspension, and sharp turns, we manage to snap one of the GoPro plastic linkages between camera and attachment.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009108
Mobile Version of Website