I have a good chunk of money but dont know what to do

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
I have a good chunk of money but dont know what to do
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 7:34 Quote
hey im selling my djper on profile msg me if intrested anyways i wan a bmx but i dont know what to get or do what so could u guys give me some ideas of companys bikes build from scratch... plus this will be my first bmx thanks

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 10:57 Quote
hardrockss wrote:
hey im selling my djper on profile msg me if intrested anyways i wan a bmx but i dont know what to get or do what so could u guys give me some ideas of companys bikes build from scratch... plus this will be my first bmx thanks

I found the eastern shovelhead is quite nice, Amity are good they run well and look the part aswell. Mafiabikes are new out and are really cheap, everything you would want in a bmx for around 200 quid

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 13:21 Quote
how much money do you have to spend? just don't buy an eastern... sorry kid

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 18:22 Quote
Rolzey wrote:

Don't listen to this kid eastern makes great bikes as long as you get an 09 and up and not a nitro or whatever their shit sister company is called. I've seen just as many pics of broken Sunday's, fits, wtp, and kink as I've seen eastern. Look at mine it's pretty sexy to eh? I've had it almost a year and a half and I've had absolutely no problems with it except the chain had to change. And I ride the bitch hard!! I've said it before and I'll say it again I break myself more than I break my eastern. Annnd you can run it either rhd or lhd, sorry for the rant I just f*cking hate eastern haters. The follow the heard of haters like sheep and should be castrated. Best wishes!

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 at 6:30 Quote
whatever man, i wouldn't buy one... you'd get better value for money if you buy, say a high end Verde complete, or WTP ect. there are plenty of threads covering this.

I don't like eastern, and you do... lets agree to disagree.... however there are hundreds more people who share my dislike for their products.

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 at 9:21 Quote
Dennon21 wrote:
Rolzey wrote:

Don't listen to this kid eastern makes great bikes as long as you get an 09 and up and not a nitro or whatever their shit sister company is called. I've seen just as many pics of broken Sunday's, fits, wtp, and kink as I've seen eastern. Look at mine it's pretty sexy to eh? I've had it almost a year and a half and I've had absolutely no problems with it except the chain had to change. And I ride the bitch hard!! I've said it before and I'll say it again I break myself more than I break my eastern. Annnd you can run it either rhd or lhd, sorry for the rant I just f*cking hate eastern haters. The follow the heard of haters like sheep and should be castrated. Best wishes!

I AGREE, my eastern is amazing never had a problem with it ! a lot of people hate eastern for no reason and i dont think that you should unless you have tryed one, but lots of there actual parts rather than complete's arnt that great tbh.

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 at 9:54 Quote
well ill have about 1200-1300 id i sell my dj

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 at 10:26 Quote
hardrockss wrote:

you could make a custom from scratch with that

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 at 10:27 Quote
marcstaygold wrote:
hardrockss wrote:

you could make a custom from scratch with that

i think i will ill get like a sunday water melon frame

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 at 13:23 Quote
I'd get a united mothership, stolen cherry or a MacNeil calico frame I I were you

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 at 13:35 Quote
federal lacey frame
really good frame, the head tube angle is nothing to worry about it feels fine
i use mine for trails street and park and it's perfect for them all and so strong, feels rock solid
i ride mountain bike as well and the high stand over on the lacey makes it feel less different
make sure you get the right size top tube though
mine's been properly thrashed for a good year and a bit and it's awesome Big Grin

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 at 14:38 Quote
yeah build a custom or buy a good complete, for the money you have dont buy an eastern haha

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 at 14:46 Quote
If you get custom build from scratch

Frame: Mothership/Benny L/Superstar/Mankind
Forks: Odyssey Directors/Primo Strands/Macneil Blazers
Wheels:Primo/odyssey/profile hubs Gsport/proper/odyssey Rims
Bars:s&m/Fit/Vocal
Stem:Odyssey Elementary/Fit DLD DLR/
Seat:Federal/Total
Cranks:Hollowbites/Redline Device
Pedals:Odyssey Twisted
TyresBig Grin emo Momentum/ Primo E Comet
Chain: Shadow V2
Sprocket:Odyssey Million Dollar/ Shadow Cranks And Bones
Grips:Edwin De La Rosa
BB:Stolen Revolver/Wethepeople
Headset:WethePeople Cane Creek

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 at 11:21 Quote
i bought a 2011 wtp trust recently and i must say its by far one of the best complete's i have ever ridden. personally it rides better then my custom macneil whitton 4 i used to have with the exception of the tires being shitty compared to the eclat's i had on my macneil

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014290
Mobile Version of Website