Super D Races ?

PB Forum :: USA - East
Super D Races ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 9:46 Quote
Are there any super d races on the eat coast in like new york,pennsylvania area?

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 15:44 Quote
BRIANgt89 wrote:
Are there any super d races on the eat coast in like new york,pennsylvania area?

I would like to host one @ Whiteface one day. Just not enough interest. Even our last SD race out west went from over 100 2 years ago to only 32 last year.

Downhill Mike
Whiteface Mountain Bike Park
Size does matter!

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 at 4:49 Quote
Do you think you will have one this year if you got the word out there im sure alot of people would be interested

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 at 9:28 Quote
It's too late this year. We do have 2 upcoming races though:

9-4: ADK 80K (cross country at Mount Van Hoevenburg)
9-11 Whiteface 5 K DH

Downhill Mike
Size does matter!

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 12:22 Quote
Here's one coming up in West Virginia (pretty close, and CHEAPER)
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://akaflash.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Advertisements/i-NzqggK3/0/L/super-d-race-for-web-04-L.jpg
Rider: Rick Nolan
Photography: AKA FLASH Photography

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 at 4:38 Quote
If you are serious about having a SD race on the east coast, we could do 1 on June 16, 2012.

If we do host another sd race, we may have to have it pre registration only ending at least 1 month before the race, with an option to cancel if no one pre registers.

It kind of sucks how the numbers have been dropping for sd for the last couple of years!

Downhill Mike
www.downhillmike.com
Size does matter!

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 13:23 Quote
[CENTER]Weekend of Oct. 8 & 9 races CANCELED[/CENTER]

SuperD race cancellation announcement

The last half mile of our SuperD course traverses private property. This week the tract was worked by machinery to prepare for development. A reroute is needed to complete the SuperD course. To produce a track (within the ten days remaining) that matches the quality of the original course would require an entirely new route. Timberline will put only the best courses up for our riders and will not compromise our product to meet a deadline. In order to run the Oct 8,9 SuperD a compromise would have to be made. This is not what we are here to do, consequently the SuperD is canceled.

DH race cancellation announcement

Our timing equipment provider and the personnel to operate it are no longer able to meet their obligations. In keeping with the culture of not running any aspect of our Bike Park in a less than professional manner . . . The DH is also canceled.

Our decision to not run this event protects our riders and insures that we meet or exceed the expectations of anyone who comes to Timberline to ride or compete.

We are sorry for any trouble this may cause to our riders or racers.

Timberline lifts and trails will be in full operation now and untill seasons end in November.

Look for the Timberline Festival of DH Good Times on the Oct 15 and 16

JR Nolan

304-866-6329 at the shop

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 14:59 Quote
So if you sd racers are interested in a sd race @ Whiteface on 6-16 just let me know. The event planning would have to start now and I am liking the idea of an early pre reg.

Timers need to be secured early with a serious deposit, permits, volunteers and promotions will begin by November 1, if we decide on hosting this race. Please note this would be during the Wilmington/Whiteface Bike Fest.

Preliminary Itinerary:
Thursday 6-14: Free x-c clinics on the Flume Trails.
Friday 6-15: Opening of the Whiteface Mt. Bike Park and the Kyle Ebbett & Friends Jump Jam @ the dj park.
Saturday 6-16: Super D Race. This could also be open for 3 kinds of disciplines. See side note below.
Sunday 6-17: Whiteface 100 (qualifier for the Leadville 100) & a Whiteface 5 K DH

This would bring approx. 1,200 mt. bike racers to Whiteface for the Bike Fest. Adding a Super D would add another 100 or so (hopefully).

Side note. Super d and also add an uphill/downhill that could be done by 1 individual or teams of 2. All on the same course and starting at the same time. The uphill/downhill entrants would of course start at the base area and have to climb the 1,488 feet to the actual sd start. Get it?

We are also working on bring back the "24 Hours of the Adirondacks".

See ya at the SD Race?
Downhill Mike
www.downhillmike.com
Size does matter!

ps. we tried this 3 years ago and set an amazing course. No one registered. Actually, 2 guys showed up 15 minutes before the race to register. We let them race against each other. I think we spent 75 hours setting the course and told the volunteers no need to come. Last chance for super d. Register and we will aim sky high and try our best to razzle dazzle ya.

Posted: Oct 6, 2011 at 15:53 Quote
A super d race at whiteface would be awesome i would definitly come

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 4:00 Quote
BRIANgt89 wrote:
A super d race at whiteface would be awesome i would definitly come

Would you consider pre-registering at least 6 weeks prior to the race?
The cost to race would be approx. $65.00 to $80.00 and that would include 1 lift pass.

Downhill Mike
www.downhillmike.com
Size does matter!

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 19:48 Quote
Reviving this thread by saying, YES, I am definitely interested in a SD race on the east coast. Yes, I would Pre-Reg.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012267
Mobile Version of Website