Kona Operator Headset help!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Kona Operator Headset help!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 4:03 Quote
Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get a Kona Operator soon, and want to fit some boxxer races to it. My dilema is that obviously the bottom cup of the headset is going to fit a 1.5" steerer (tapered headtube), and the boxxers will obviously be 1.1/8". From what I've read about I could get a 1.18" crown race to fit the headset (FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero Stack) but my problem is I'm not totally sure. If I can avoid buying a completely new headset that would be great as I don't want to waste the perfectly good brand new one fitted.

tl;dr

What can I do to the bottom part of an FSA Orbital 1.5 Zero Stack headset so that it will accomodate Boxxer Races.

Cheers gentlemen!

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 4:43 Quote
Your getting the operator FR if you want to put boxxers on It right? If your going to put boxers on it then get the Dh version of the operator!

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 5:27 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
Your getting the operator FR if you want to put boxxers on It right? If your going to put boxers on it then get the Dh version of the operator!

Because the total cost is more or less the same, and I prefer the FR frame.

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 5:35 Quote
Well the operator DH will have better Geo because it's built for 200mm forks but the FRwont be as good with the 200mm but whatever you want

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 5:36 Quote
Its the exact same frame dude.

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 5:37 Quote
I'm pretty sure it's got shorter chain stays and minor little changes any way can't help was just a suggestion

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 5:40 Quote
Nope, exactly the same..

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 7:21 Quote
no downhill340 is right

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 7:42 Quote
No he isn't. Go on Konaworld, it has the exact geometry and sizes for the frames. Its exactly the same for the FR, DH and Supreme. Same frame, different components.

Freeride
DH

Click detailed spec and compare. There are a couple components different but the frames are exactly the same.

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 7:43 Quote
Steeper head angle aswell,not by much though.

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 7:49 Quote
Again, exactly the same..

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 7:53 Quote
Isn't it 1 degree steeper?

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 7:56 Quote
Look at the links I put. Obviously a stock FR put next to a stock DH will have a steeper head angle, but thats because the FR has domains and the DH has boxxers, but the FRAME is exactly the same, except for the shock.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009779
Mobile Version of Website