Loose pedal?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 28, 2011 at 9:21 Quote
i have odyssey pedals and primo hollowbite cranks. the pedal screws into the crank fine, but the bearings in the crank around where the pedal screws into are loose and wobbling. i cant see any way of getting to the bearings, and the play is getting worse, i dont want it to come off while im riding! anyone help??? Eek Salute

Posted: Jul 28, 2011 at 9:40 Quote
MtBxKinG wrote:
i have odyssey pedals and primo hollowbite cranks. the pedal screws into the crank fine, but the bearings in the crank around where the pedal screws into are loose and wobbling. i cant see any way of getting to the bearings, and the play is getting worse, i dont want it to come off while im riding! anyone help??? Eek Salute
Usually you need to remove a dustcap on the outside of the pedal to access the bearings.

Posted: Jul 28, 2011 at 10:27 Quote
shiggy wrote:
MtBxKinG wrote:
Usually you need to remove a dustcap on the outside of the pedal to access the bearings.
the bearings are fine in the pedal, the bearings in the crank socket are loose :/

Posted: Jul 28, 2011 at 11:31 Quote
MtBxKinG wrote:
shiggy wrote:
MtBxKinG wrote:
the bearings are fine in the pedal, the bearings in the crank socket are loose :/
Sorry, misread the message, though the subject does say loose pedal.

There are many different bottom bracket types and they all require at least one speciality tool to service. Time to go see your LBS.

Posted: Jul 28, 2011 at 11:38 Quote
its the pedal boss thing at the end of the crank thatl be loose. you can sort just tighten it up with a screw driver or any bike shop should have a tool thatl work for it

Posted: Jul 28, 2011 at 11:56 Quote
NZDJER wrote:
its the pedal boss thing at the end of the crank thatl be loose. you can sort just tighten it up with a screw driver or any bike shop should have a tool thatl work for it
thats the one! i'll take another look, i didnt notice a screwhead... cheers man

EDIT: ah i see what you mean. that helped a bit, but i think im gonna have to take that to my local. thanks mate

Posted: Jul 28, 2011 at 12:06 Quote
MtBxKinG wrote:
NZDJER wrote:
Dang, I STILL misread it.

Posted: Jul 28, 2011 at 12:11 Quote
shiggy wrote:
MtBxKinG wrote:
NZDJER wrote:
Dang, I STILL misread it.
haha, no worries

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 16:30 Quote
I had the same problem with mine. Its actually an easy fix use this tool
http://www.parktool.com/product/pin-spanner-red-spa-2

I would also suggest some loctite.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010542
Mobile Version of Website