Looking for the best DH park in Quebec - List Assisted

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Looking for the best DH park in Quebec - List Assisted
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 19:59 Quote
I'm looking for advice for DH trails in Quebec. I'm planning a trip for a spring/early summer weekend but there are so many choices. I'd be driving there from Toronto, so I'm looking for large DH parks, with a lift(pedaling uphill not an option)and some decent attractions at night. Any insight would be awesome.

Thanks.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 14:42 Quote
DH trail at MSA are really good but try to find some local cause the best one are not marked.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 14:47 Quote
yeah mount saint anne seems to have pretty good trails from what i heard. i think tremblant does downhill too? you should check them out.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 14:55 Quote
Tremblant is only open for racing maybe you talked about mont Blanc there doing dh since last year

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 14:54 Quote
If your looking for some good downhill runs,, go to Bromont,, the chairlift is fast and there is alot of trails... Good maintenance on the trails and there is going to be a UCI World Cup this year,, so they should double up the maintenance...

Cheers
Donald
LIVE2RIDE

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 16:58 Quote
Thanks for the advice guys. With so many options it helps to narrow it down. Nothing would suck worse than driving 9+ hrs and place you chose to ride is crap.

I'm exploring driving down to Plattekill, NY as well. I hear they have good DH runs and it's only about 6.5-7hrs away.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 17:06 Quote
bromont! nuff said the place is gorgeous!

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 17:15 Quote
If your going up to the Tremblant area, then the Mont Blanc Bike park is very nice. Its not as big as bromont but they have quality trails. Ive been there and i had a blast.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 18:50 Quote
but mont blanc is close when it rain not Bromont and MSA. and at Mont Blanc the chairs are f*cking slow compare to Bromont

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
hey guys just been reading this thread and thought some of you might be of some help. I am planing on going to the 2 world cups races and stay on after them to get some riding done.Which area offers the most downhill and is there any cheap accomodation available nearby the two race venues?
cheers

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
Bromont has everything you will ever need. It's relatively cheap, awsome trails, good night life in town and only a half hour drive away from Montréal... if you time it right, you can catch the Just For Laughs comedy festival.

I'll be going back to Bromont for a week this summer.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:50 Quote
if i were you i would hit up mt sainte anne. im from vt and our ski team goes up there every year for 3 days and im always wishing i had my bike and it was summer.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 9:10 Quote
Bromont is the better choice although MSA is great they have less trails, unless you can hook up with locals who know many others, the distance to main city is about the same for each spot 20min from quebec city for MSA and 35 min from Montreal at Bromont. good riding.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
camp fortune is really cool to, only open weekends though

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
in the past 2 years ive been to camp fortune, bronmont and mont sainte anne ....they are all SICK places, and you would have fun at any of them

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011631
Mobile Version of Website