Slow Bike

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 18:51 Quote
I'm havin' a problem since I bought my bike (brand new) on 2007, IT IS SLOW!!!! no matter how hard I pedal it slows down............ Frown with and without brakes I don't know if maybe the shocks have something to do with that but I don't think so. tried different bikes on same trails and mine is SLOW.

Please if you have any suggestion let me know.

bike: Mongoose black diamond double 2006 all stock

Thank you!

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 19:25 Quote
Put it in the stand and check to make sure your wheels spin freely. If they don't, pull the brake calipers off and see if they spin normally. If not then it's your hubs, if they do spin without the brakes then it's obviously the brakes and you'll need to check those.

Take the chain off and "throw" the cranks around with your hand. You should get a couple revolutions of the cranks spinning freely. If not, pull and grease your BB. If things still don't work, you need a new BB.

If everything checks out, make sure you're running the correct spring/air pressure.

What bikes have you compared it to?

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 19:25 Quote
Yeah cones are too tight or you have one too many bearings in there and is siezes up

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 at 11:38 Quote
mcmbike wrote:
Put it in the stand and check to make sure your wheels spin freely. If they don't, pull the brake calipers off and see if they spin normally. If not then it's your hubs, if they do spin without the brakes then it's obviously the brakes and you'll need to check those.

Take the chain off and "throw" the cranks around with your hand. You should get a couple revolutions of the cranks spinning freely. If not, pull and grease your BB. If things still don't work, you need a new BB.

If everything checks out, make sure you're running the correct spring/air pressure.

What bikes have you compared it to?
+1 with all of the above.
First thing I do if a bike feels slow, is pick it up and spin the wheels, then go through the brakes and cranks as mcm says.

Posted: Aug 5, 2011 at 17:41 Quote
I'm amazed how many responses I got I really appreciate your help to ALL of you!

I have checked the wheels without brakes and they spin well i have never took anything apart myself it has always been checked by a mechanic... and the last time I asked he said the wheel have been built unproperly and that he needed to take off the spokes and put them in "the right way"

about the bikes i have compared it: Iron Horse Sunday and specialized big hit but it doesn't matter any bike is faster than mine.

thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Aug 5, 2011 at 17:44 Quote
Tires/tire pressure. If you switch to faster rolling tires and it's still "slow," there's nothing you can do about it.

It's a FR bike...don't worry if it doesn't pedal that well.

Posted: Aug 5, 2011 at 17:53 Quote
FR does not pedal well?????

You're kidding right!! that was my worst feeling! I tought there was "something" I could do... Frown

thank you for your help!

I'll try to see what else I can do... I don't really want to spend money on her.... I rather buy another one... If I ever get the money to do so.

Thank you all for your help!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.066318
Mobile Version of Website