Help with my drive train

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Help with my drive train
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 7, 2011 at 12:18 Quote
hey hopefully someone can help me as my iron horse yakuza dh bike with a formula rear hub wich i think might be the problem my bike seems ok to ride but sometimes it cant pedal backwords or if i remove my feet from the pedals the cranks spin or when pedaling the chain feels like its fallen of and then it fixs its self is this all a free hub problem and is there a way to fix it without replacing the free hub or is it a different problem ? hope you guys can help

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 1:09 Quote
kipmtb12345 wrote:
hey hopefully someone can help me as my iron horse yakuza dh bike with a formula rear hub wich i think might be the problem my bike seems ok to ride but sometimes it cant pedal backwords or if i remove my feet from the pedals the cranks spin or when pedaling the chain feels like its fallen of and then it fixs its self is this all a free hub problem and is there a way to fix it without replacing the free hub or is it a different problem ? hope you guys can help

Sounds like a freehub problem, I think I have a rear formula hub from a giant faith I keep as a spare wheel, any chance of a photo of the hub.

You should strip the hub down and take a look, do it in a clear area so that if anything falls you can find it and make sure to keep all of the parts safe. Hard flooring is better as carpets stain and you will not hear any small part hit the floor on carpet.

I will give you a hand if you need one!

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 4:21 Quote
thats the one i have
photo

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 13:55 Quote
kipmtb12345 wrote:
thats the one i have
photo

The one I have is something similar but it's a 12mm through axle, does your hub have a silver nut with a pedal spanner fitting on the cassette side.

How do I post up photo's, I will show you my hub.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009492
Mobile Version of Website