Moose Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moose Mountain Thread
Posted: Aug 13, 2011 at 20:28 Quote
moolay wrote:
Luckily, the rain halted just before 7. A smaller turnout with around 15 awesome and dedicated riders showing up. We had 4 projects happening, upper stunt re-build on T-dub, lower SLF stunt re-build, sign installation on T-dub and 10 diggers on the bottom of SHAFT. Great progress but it sure would be nice to get a little better representation from riders. Fortunately, there is opportunity for redemption during the September the 10th trail day. Schedule it in!

A big thanks to everyone that showed up.

I redeemed myself today for missing the trail day. Dug a really big hole, found some good clay, put it on the trail, lost count of the wheelbarrows of dirt, have a touch of heat brain...found that the jumps on lower Billy Dog are just as fun on the Heckler as they are the Jedi. Good times.

I wanted to do a run down SHAFT, but there didn't seem to be anyone shuttlin and I was outta gas....

O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 6:25 Quote
silentj wrote:
moolay wrote:
Luckily, the rain halted just before 7. A smaller turnout with around 15 awesome and dedicated riders showing up. We had 4 projects happening, upper stunt re-build on T-dub, lower SLF stunt re-build, sign installation on T-dub and 10 diggers on the bottom of SHAFT. Great progress but it sure would be nice to get a little better representation from riders. Fortunately, there is opportunity for redemption during the September the 10th trail day. Schedule it in!

A big thanks to everyone that showed up.

I redeemed myself today for missing the trail day. Dug a really big hole, found some good clay, put it on the trail, lost count of the wheelbarrows of dirt, have a touch of heat brain...found that the jumps on lower Billy Dog are just as fun on the Heckler as they are the Jedi. Good times.

I wanted to do a run down SHAFT, but there didn't seem to be anyone shuttlin and I was outta gas....
J thanks for all the hard work on Billy, I am leaving for Moose in one hour and going to hit Billy as I have not been down it this year.

O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 16:30 Quote
ok double post but a good one, Moose is running great!
J I can't believe the amount of work you put into Billy Dog and how great it is to ride. Way to go bro, there was a lot of ingenuity there!
Ran Shaft, Jean-Guy and Billy Dog and all three were awesome. We went in early mornign and left when it got hot. Riding in DH gear in the middle of a scorcher is a bad idea! It didn't seem to dether anybody else from riding. Everybody seem to be having a good time!

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 20:26 Quote
hey guys i forgot my 5-10 sam hill shoes at ings mine parking lot if you know about their whereabouts plz pm me
Sunday august 14 around 6:00 at night

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 8:45 Quote
Question about the bottom of Race. Is there a plan to put a sign at the Diamond T junction indicating that they are on Race of Spades? Ran into 3 different groups of hikers the last couple of weekends thinking they were on Diamond T walking up Race. 1 group was at the top of CF. Seems to be becoming more of a problem this year.

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 9:14 Quote
BNJ99 wrote:
Question about the bottom of Race. Is there a plan to put a sign at the Diamond T junction indicating that they are on Race of Spades? Ran into 3 different groups of hikers the last couple of weekends thinking they were on Diamond T walking up Race. 1 group was at the top of CF. Seems to be becoming more of a problem this year.

There are plans for signs at the bottom and top of each trail, hopefully they will be up this season. However, I have also heard of people riding/walking up on purpose just to see the trail.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 9:55 Quote
getstuff wrote:
BNJ99 wrote:

There are plans for signs at the bottom and top of each trail, hopefully they will be up this season. However, I have also heard of people riding/walking up on purpose just to see the trail.

Ya I've seen that too. Actually had 1 guy riding his bike up to show his friend the stunts who was following on a horse. Awesome idea...

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 22:16 Quote
This is highly unlikely... Did anyone happen to see a camera bag near the top of Jean guy? It would be on the left hand side of the trail where the first corner is ( it's a right hand corner). I was trying to find it tonight and came to a conclusion I left it there at the last toonie race down that trail...

Case has no camera, just 2 lenses.... But if anyone is up there tomorrow could you take a look for it? Contents are likely ruined, and hopes are not high. Thanks

But, if someone did find it and are willing to give it back, please shoot me a pm

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 22:36 Quote
Reward will be offered for return, no matter what condition it is in...

Posted: Aug 22, 2011 at 8:10 Quote
don't know who to tell
the left at tib fib on tw has 2 downed trees right on the trail

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 15:02 Quote
There's a bunch more bridge action on Billy. After the big long bridge, the trail turns right, then there's the new bridge. It crosses a huge squirrel nest so that portion of trail should roll a bit faster now.

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 18:09 Quote
The bridge on Lower Pnuema between Elbow Valley and Sulphur Springs is under construction. The dirt working leading into and out of the bridge still needs to be finished.
Ravine bridge on Pnuema between Elbow Valley and Sulphur Springs is under construction. Aug 26 2011.

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 8:26 Quote
oceanp wrote:
billybilly wrote:
Rode shaft for the first time last night, I'm not sure what I think of it. It seems like the wrong type of trail for the chosen terrain.

And what would you suggest instead?

I see what you're saying billy^2 in that it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. The challenge was to add a blue trail to the hill for some depth and to make it as long as possible for maximum fun-nicity. I would expect that there's still enough room on that side of the hill for another SLF/Billy or Jean Guy on the Wess-syde Rocks style trail, but nothing of that nature has been proposed in the 5 year plan. My one run down it had me scoping lots of little dirt booters/hips etc...

Anyone have a GPS track of Shaft?

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 8:51 Quote
silentj wrote:
Anyone have a GPS track of Shaft?
I made one a couple of weeks ago. Starts at the top of Moose Mtn road, ends at Ings Mine parking lot. GPX downloadable from here. Already sent it on to MMBTS

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 9:12 Quote
Bilirubin5 wrote:
I made one a couple of weeks ago. Starts at the top of Moose Mtn road, ends at Ings Mine parking lot. GPX downloadable from here. Already sent it on to MMBTS

Sweet. surprising how little space it takes up...would sure be nice to have that top kilometer riding in the bush! "Those guys" shoulda put more trail up there....Wink Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016285
Mobile Version of Website