Moose Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moose Mountain Thread
Posted: Oct 15, 2011 at 19:30 Quote
masongrams wrote:
thanks for the help. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Enjoy Moose for the first time! Even though I see Moose is already your favourite trail? lol

Posted: Oct 15, 2011 at 19:54 Quote
Another great MMBTS Trail Builindg Day. Fixed another switchback on Pneuma between EV and the ravine bridge (Thanks Frank, Jenny, and Maurice!).

Before (closing the tread on the right):
MMBTS Trail Day closing the tread on the right as it breaks the flow cutting a flowy reroute on the left. Oct 15 2011.

Half way done:
MMBTS trail day half way done cutting the new line. Oct 15 2011

Done:
MMBTS Trail Day reroute is open old route has been reclaimed. Oct 15 2011

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2011 at 20:11 Quote
Great day building, looking forward to riding Pheuma tomorrow and seeing how this feels.

Posted: Oct 15, 2011 at 20:11 Quote
Dosojos wrote:
masongrams wrote:
thanks for the help. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Enjoy Moose for the first time! Even though I see Moose is already your favourite trail? lol

went there once already and rode a sortof xc trail and really enjoyed it so thats the reason behind that. Smile

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 15:26 Quote
Hey I know this is probably an odd question, but I've been hearing all sorts of great things about moose mountain but unfortunately I haven't been able to ride it yet since I don't know anyone who rides DH. I was just wondering if anyone was looking for someone to ride with? I only have a car but would be willing to chip in on gas if someone was shuttling.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 16:13 Quote
Does anyone know if moose is still rideable? Any snow/ice on the trails? I was thinkin about going this sunday but I dont really feel like freezing to death

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 19:03 Quote
Rmcfarland wrote:
Does anyone know if moose is still rideable? Any snow/ice on the trails? I was thinkin about going this sunday but I dont really feel like freezing to death
yup it's cold at night and in the morning but if you start after noon it's usually pretty nice. keep an eye on the weather cam for Moose and you should be just fine.

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 20:12 Quote
small skiff of snow at top. Ground is dry on the new trail and tacky on That Whore.

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 15:12 Quote
About an inch of snow today on all the trails and the road was pretty slick

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 19:41 Quote
We rode Sulphur, Pneuma, Moose Packers, Ridgeback today, there was a light dusting of snow wherever the sun didn't hit, and the top end of Pneuma before it gets to Packers had a couple inches in places. Saw quite a few people out there trying to fit in those end of the season rides. Temperatures this week are supposed to stay in the single digits and the negatives overnight so I think there will be more snow up there by the end of the week.
Almost time to break out the rollers

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 8:51 Quote
We did SHAFT, Jean Guy, and T-Dubb and there was a lot of snow.
Had fresh tracks on Jean Guy which was tough because you couldn't see where the trail really went making it interesting at high speed. Rocks and roots also got covered meaning grip was at a premium.

The worst had to be the roll-in wood feature at the top of JG, it was so bloody slick it was asking for someone to eat it right into the rocks below.

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 13:43 Quote
Hey Looking to ride Moose saturday the 29th.
My ride can take three.
Willing to sit out.
willing to use a de-shuttle system.

Just want to ride more before the snow really blows.

cheers

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 13:46 Quote
we're heading out as well with one truck and meeting a few people out there. I think aiming to be at Ing's around 10-1030ish.

Red Ford F150 and Black Avalanche.

Come make friends.

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 16:25 Quote
Sunday I am looking for people to ride with as we are getting to the last couple days our road will be open. Also would use Monday if anyone is interested. My car isn't the best shuttle rig but can for sure retrieve.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034396
Mobile Version of Website