PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Post your "Custom" DJ or BMX!
O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 18:16 Quote
Time to whore out my new build! Deity Crypt Keeper
Deity Crypt Keeper

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 9:26 Quote
Stinky1138 wrote:
I had my old DMR Transition frame lying around after getting a Spark.
I got bored and since it's winter in AU (rainy) I decided to bring it back to life as a street/park bike for when it's muddy.
I can't ride street/dj/park anyway, so figured it was a good waste of money.
So far she seems pretty fun, but only finished up the build last night so haven't really tested her out.
She's a bit heavier than I was hoping but that frame is about 1/2 ton. I was hoping for a bit more bb rise, but the fork came with a bike I got for a mate (deal of the year on it too!) so figured I'd give it a go.

photo
photo
photo

Frame: DMR Transition--24"
Fork: Volume Fu Manchu
Wheels: NS to DMR DV
Cranks: O1 2pc w/25t soon to be 23t
Cockpit: DMR Wingbars to DaBomb Glock
Pedals: Custom dyed Eastern, hoping to get some V6s
Seat: DMR Sect
You should keep going with more colors lol make it a rainbow bikeSmile

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 at 20:16 Quote
Didn't really know what to post this too so I'l post it in here, Looking for some pretty wide bars with some super high rise. Like 4 inches maybe, anybody have some ideas?

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 at 21:40 Quote
Really hard to find bars that are strong enough at 4" to also be super wide, making the bars that wide you end up making a bigger lever for the bars to crack at the stem. If you can find old Yowelli bars they were super wide if I remember right, 32" or something? You'll most likely need a crossbar. Also s&m and FBM do custom bars, could shoot them an email.

Posted: Jun 27, 2015 at 7:53 Quote
Illbike make 4" cromo bars 770mm wide! http://illegal-shop.com/pl/glowna/10-ill-bike-flu-high-2014.html

Posted: Jun 27, 2015 at 23:20 Quote
Ns districts are pretty big, loads of up sweep and back sweep so they're really comfortable. I've never understood the attraction of super wide bars though

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 4:11 Quote
grumpysteve wrote:
Ns districts are pretty big, loads of up sweep and back sweep so they're really comfortable. I've never understood the attraction of super wide bars though

It's helpful to people like me who's shoulders are wider then I am tall.

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 6:07 Quote
verbruggen69 wrote:
photo
That fork is bent

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 6:50 Quote
chasehiggins wrote:
Didn't really know what to post this too so I'l post it in here, Looking for some pretty wide bars with some super high rise. Like 4 inches maybe, anybody have some ideas?

S&M 5.5" aluminum

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/sublimewind/Bike%20Pics/20150609_125052.jpg

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 16:18 Quote
Do you guys use trail grips like ruffians or vmx grips like longeneckers?

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 6:55 Quote
chasehiggins wrote:

I use lock-ons. Alienation Moto

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 10:58 Quote
chasehiggins wrote:

Lockons are more rigid, direct. Nonlockons are more forgiving and more comfortable. Lockons can still be comfortable, just non lockons more so. I use nons for bmx, switching my lockons off my mtb when I get new grips.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.085362
Mobile Version of Website