2012 Kona Operator!

PB Forum :: Kona
2012 Kona Operator!
Posted: Aug 18, 2015 at 5:36 Quote
ohfugit wrote:
Was looking at a used 2013 Kona Operator( medium)
I usually run a dropper post.

How far into the frame does the seatpost go?

Thanks!

Why would you put a dropper post on a DH bike? Out of curiosity.

I always thought of dropper posts as a most trail bike oriented thing. Where you would be mixing pedaling up with riding down

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 0:17 Quote
hi guys, after long thinking i decided to sell my operator in case someone is interested of buying one here it is:

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1827853/

open to sensible offers

cheers.

Posted: Aug 22, 2015 at 8:23 Quote
Has anyone tried to fit 27.5 wheels in a carbon operator? Is it possible?

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 21:22 Quote
Tnerb888 wrote:
2013 is still aluminum right? It only goes in like 6" (that's what she said) on the aluminum bikes.

Thanks

Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 4:53 Quote
Does anyone know what year the boxxer would be on the 2012 kona operator? Would the fork also be 2012 or would it be 2011? I need to replace the seals, I want to be sure I look for the correct kit.

Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 9:42 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
Does anyone know what year the boxxer would be on the 2012 kona operator? Would the fork also be 2012 or would it be 2011? I need to replace the seals, I want to be sure I look for the correct kit.
it should be 2012

Posted: Oct 11, 2015 at 13:03 Quote
Not near my bike at the moment. Does anyone know the spoke length on the 2012 operator? Original rims and hubs?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
So my 2011 operator frame developed cracks in it about 5 weeks ago. The next day I got in touch with Kona about a warrantee replacement as I am the original owner. Ed in warrantee was great about getting an ra number to us and I shipped the frame to them the day I got the ra number. It took two weeks for them to find my frame in their warehouse after I had fedex confirmation it had arrived. The only two options I was given for a replacement frame were a free precept (a freeride frame not a dh) or I could pay $600 for a 2013 carbon operator frame. Originally I was told the frame would come with a kage rear shock so I picked this option. After I had picked this option I was told the frame did not include a shock, which is why it's so inexpensive. The frame came with a headset that require shims to make it work with the new bearings they sent. The rear wheel is 157mm, so they sent spacers they assured me would adapt for my original wheel, but they did not fit. I was told I was on my own if I could not get the rear wheel adapters to work. So now I have to shell out another $400 for a wheel set because nobody sells a 157mm rear wheel only. All in all, I have lost over a month of riding and had to shell out $1000 for the warrantee offer Kona provide to get a dh frame back up and running. Not what I would call good customer support for a DH frame that failed and could have caused serious injury. Especially do a frame that supposedly ha a lifetime warranty.

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 9:29 Quote
Well. I feel for you having to spend money on a warranty replacement but look on the bright side you got a much better bike for only 1000 more. It would have cost you more to sell your old bike and purchased a replacement carbon operator . Alps, your new bike is 2014 or newer.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 11:19 Quote
I got a machinest buddy to make me spacers for my rear wheel out of aluminum. Took him probably 15min. Lots of people are running spacers on there rear wheels.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 23:51 Quote
Tnerb888 wrote:
I got a machinest buddy to make me spacers for my rear wheel out of aluminum. Took him probably 15min. Lots of people are running spacers on there rear wheels.

Could you tell where to get hear spacers? Thanks.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 7:35 Quote
I made some myself as well. They're just find someone to make you 3.5mmx 12mm thruhole spacers. Do you have any machinists in the area? I bet they'd make you a set for a couple bucks

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 9:49 Quote
discodan wrote:
Tnerb888 wrote:

Could you tell where to get hear spacers? Thanks.

Have u gone and talked to ur lbs yet?

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2015 at 10:08 Quote
I found some 12 mm inner diameter washers at a hardware store, but the fix is a bit low class. Might just build up a wheel with an e*thirteen LG1+ hub.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2015 at 10:17 Quote
Those hubs are terrible, washers would be better lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017235
Mobile Version of Website