Shimano saint on a cove shocker 09 frame

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Shimano saint on a cove shocker 09 frame
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 8:00 Quote
hello everyone, im having a problem with my brakes since i changed my old juicy seven for shimano saint M810. i also changed my avid rotors for Shimano XT rotors.
The problem is that it makes a lot of noise and vibrations when i brake hard, at first i thought it was because the pads and rotors were new but i think its getting worst and worst.

i tried to clean the rotors with brake cleaner but it doesnt work at all

any1 have any idea what to do, i was stoked to get saints brakes but now im pissed about it. i would like to have a solution to fix this.

Thanks.

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 8:28 Quote
And you're running the same size rotors with the correct adapters, right? Just sayin cause Shimano has 180mm while Avid is 185mm.

Double check to see if the calipers are aligned, if they are off, the pads could be contacting the rotor unevenly and could cause this. Or the rotor could even be pushed up against the caliper itself.

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 8:42 Quote
mcmbike wrote:
And you're running the same size rotors with the correct adapters, right? Just sayin cause Shimano has 180mm while Avid is 185mm.

Double check to see if the calipers are aligned, if they are off, the pads could be contacting the rotor unevenly and could cause this. Or the rotor could even be pushed up against the caliper itself.

the 2 rotors are 203mm i still have my avid adapter on my boxxer and same thing for the rear brake, could it be the problem ? cuz it seems to fit actually..

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 8:45 Quote
Using the same mounts work 99% of the time, but I've had a few that were machined off and the Shimano calipers didn't sit flush in them. I'd check to make sure everything is all well and good in there. It most likely is fine, but it's an easy fix if that is the problem.

Is there loc-tite on the rotor screws and are all the screws tightened diagonally and torqued properly (most are 6.2nm)?

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 8:47 Quote
Generally this can happen in minor proportions when a new brake pad/rotor is not broken in properly.

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 8:54 Quote
mcmbike wrote:
Using the same mounts work 99% of the time, but I've had a few that were machined off and the Shimano calipers didn't sit flush in them. I'd check to make sure everything is all well and good in there. It most likely is fine, but it's an easy fix if that is the problem.

Is there loc-tite on the rotor screws and are all the screws tightened diagonally and torqued properly (most are 6.2nm)?

yeah theres blue loc-tite on my rotors screws and i tightened em diagonally, but i have not used a torque wrench to tight em acutally.

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 8:57 Quote
hardyk wrote:
mcmbike wrote:

yeah theres blue loc-tite on my rotors screws and i tightened em diagonally, but i have not used a torque wrench to tight em acutally.
It's usually not too big of a deal to not use a torque wrench but it's a good habit to get into. There's a slight chance that might be the problem...it's just tough to tell since the bike isn't here.

Are the brakes used or new? And did you bed the pads in by braking in a parking lot or street or whatever before you hit the trails?

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 9:13 Quote
the brakes are new, the pads were already in the galiper when i opened the box. and well yeah i tried the brakes in the parking lot b4 going on the trails.

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 8:40 Quote
up if someone else have any idea please!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009350
Mobile Version of Website