Official XC/AM Tire discussion

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Official XC/AM Tire discussion
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 12:11 Quote
possible only for conti, but i'm not sure i want them, i have the 2.2 non black chilli and it's a great tire, but not for wet

heard mixed reviews about black chilli, also asking price is too steep to experiment

would like to try hans dampf, anyone tried them in TrailStar compound?

looks like i'll have to do my shopping in neighbouring countries Smile

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 12:16 Quote
I got one:

Panaracer CG 4x/AM 2.35
42a compound with a harder thin coating for long life.

Really good tire so far, rolls well and really solid for braking. Used it on pump tracks and tecky DH for a day then finished off a a skate park and had no issues at all. I'll update at a later date about wear and use in different conditions but so far I'd deffinately recommend them.

They are quite expensive at £40 rrp but I got mine at behindthebikeshed.com for £20 so that is a great deal Smile

Mod
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 12:22 Quote
brigand wrote:
possible only for conti, but i'm not sure i want them, i have the 2.2 non black chilli and it's a great tire, but not for wet

heard mixed reviews about black chilli, also asking price is too steep to experiment

ground control was awesome rear tire, I had one but cut the sidewall second ride out. faster rolling than purg, and about same as eskar. but I think my favorite combo is 2.2 purg(r) to 2.3 eskar(f) or, 2.3 ground control(r) to 2.4 purg(f).

oops, quoted wrong post.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 12:30 Quote
2.25 maxxis ardent realy great all around tire not to good in the side wall but great tire well tire pressure i just
do the hand feels hard on roky trail and little less psi on smood trails

maxxis minon 2.35 great tire a little heavy but great on agrresive riding

wanth to tray the maxxis advantage 2.25 in the frint see how it rolls..

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 12:31 Quote
ROL-ANDO wrote:
2.25 maxxis ardent realy great all around tire not to good in the side wall but great tire well tire pressure i just

EXO sidewalls...you will not kill them.

Mod
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 13:50 Quote
ROL-ANDO wrote:

don't put an advantage on the front. slow rolling tire. i described my use of the ardent/advantage combo in the first post. the advantage works great as a rear, but it's a horrible front, especially compared to an ardent.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 14:04 Quote
brigand wrote:

have hans dampf's in a box waiting... also am currently on 2.2 black chilli rubber queens... don't know if to bother with hans dampf's as i love the queens maybe would like a 2.4 on the front for some rides but very nice still... lots of wet riding around here

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 14:22 Quote
i guess, how is it holding on wet roots and rocks, non BC one i have is absolute rubish in slippery conditions, only worse tires i had was geax sturdy and aka, but by a small margin

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 14:25 Quote
brigand wrote:
i guess, how is it holding on wet roots and rocks, non BC one i have is absolute rubish in slippery conditions, only worse tires i had was geax sturdy and aka, but by a small margin

shop here sells none black chili's for £14.99 black chili at about £45 must be a hell of a difference in the chili

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 14:36 Quote
maybe a stupid question, but how do you knw which one is black chilli and which is standard? Smile

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 10:15 Quote
brigand wrote:
maybe a stupid question, but how do you knw which one is black chilli and which is standard? Smile

says it on the side... you can also tell by the feel, huge difference tbh

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 11:13 Quote
ok, thanks, i was asking because mine says "handmade in germany" and several people suggested it has to be BC coz of that

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 12:16 Quote
brigand wrote:
ok, thanks, i was asking because mine says "handmade in germany" and several people suggested it has to be BC coz of that

ill take a pic of the 2 together tomorrow...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028905
Mobile Version of Website