NWD8 wrong message

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
NWD8 wrong message
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 13:12 Quote
Its at a quarry for christs sake.
Where can a bike movie company get themselves a rock face to blow up - other than at any used quarry. They didn't blow the face up so they could jump off it or build trails - they just wanted a cool shot.

And as for the environmental factor well it's just life. People blow shit up, and they sell what they blow up so that people like you and me can have roof tiles and fires.

If you want to stop them blowing up lumps of rock, then convince all your friends to sleep in a house with no roof, no foundations, no heating and no walls......basically in the garden then! haha

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 13:24 Quote
As per the explosion scene in Boyko's segment, they might have been doing some blasting at Whistler or some other resort as well. They have to do that from time to time when building a new run.

I've gotta agree about the wrestling stuff. It was pretty lame, especially compared to previous NWD themes.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:00 Quote
Sprung 5.1, now theres a bike movie Smile

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:02 Quote
samthekonaman007 wrote:
Sprung 5.1, now theres a bike movie Smile

such an awesome old school movie!!

the french street riding with no helmets is kinda bad though lol

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:11 Quote
the 360 drop was at mt washington

and the wrestling theme would have been better if it wasnt as long

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:22 Quote
If we are going to argue what destroys the environment I agree with that nailing boards to trees hurts the environment more. And for eroding the ground from the blasting, look at those who dig the ground to build trails and make jumps, I'm not against building trail, just don't go around dissing a movie about destroying the environment. I personally thought the movie was awesome. And I know I'm going to get tons of crap about this.tup

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:25 Quote
glennwilson87 wrote:
If we are going to argue what destroys the environment I agree with that nailing boards to trees hurts the environment more. And for eroding the ground from the blasting, look at those who dig the ground to build trails and make jumps, I'm not against building trail, just don't go around dissing a movie about destroying the environment. I personally thought the movie was awesome. And I know I'm going to get tons of crap about this.tup

WORD.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:47 Quote
lol what do you want the "message" to be, a unicorns and care bears? no that not what extreme sports kind likes. we like destruction and loud music etc.
i thought the smackdown was a little lame but not to bad, there was some sick riding in the so it made up for it.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:59 Quote
I watched nwd 8 for the first time last night. I must say that 95% of the music sucked (it made my ears bleed!Thumbs Down ) and it didn't fit with the riding at all... I didn't like anything about it but the riding..... all the other.."stuff" kinda sucked Thumbs Down and has nothing to do with riding a bike. The NWD films needs to go back to having the movie more about the "riding" and less about trying to make it look fancy!

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 15:02 Quote
the music wanst great the only song i really like is Drones

FL
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 15:04 Quote
NWD 8 was so sick stop bitching and complaining about the Smackdown part (which was awesome) and just enjoy the riding plus the music was rad too.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 15:08 Quote
eblackwell wrote:
NWD 8 was so sick stop bitching and complaining about the Smackdown part (which was awesome) and just enjoy the riding plus the music was rad too.

yeah man, if nwd 8 didn't have a theme, i get the impression you guys would be bitching about how boring nwd is, how they just pump out hucking with no creativity or uniting theme.

i think the best execution of the themed movie idea was nwd 5 (disorderly conduct). funny, not excessive, and simple.

roam's little intros i couldn't f*cking stand on the other hand...they just came off as preachy to me. like, the ones with the shortest intros were the best segments - what does that say about the intros?

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 15:12 Quote
It's not the type of thing you're going to find any sort of consensus on anyway. Personally, I thought the music was the best for a NWD yet. It was nice to see them mixing it up with Shiny Toy Guns and TV on the Radio. They really suited their respective sections. The variety of camera angles in NWD 8 was also a nice change.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 15:13 Quote
devonvig wrote:
It's not the type of thing you're going to find any sort of consensus on anyway. Personally, I thought the music was the best for a NWD yet. It was nice to see them mixing it up with Shiny Toy Guns and TV on the Radio. They really suited their respective sections. The variety of camera angles in NWD 8 was also a nice change.

hey i agree with this guy... well i thought music for nwd 4 was the best and except for cedrics music... it rocked... especially wit sorge right b4 he hit that monster ass gap

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 10:38 Quote
I loved Barel's section, amazing!
Another thing that bothered me was Chopper kicking his helmet, he nails and tailwhip drop......and has to boot his helmet away?
Whatever, i agree that the riding was sweet, but films like virtuous (trailer is out) is much more my cup of tea, it really shows the riders, and doesnt make them look like crazy freaks who dont care about anything and and huck themselves off anything
(went a bit far there...lol)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011638
Mobile Version of Website