Looking after equipment when you're out riding

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
Looking after equipment when you're out riding
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 0:15 Quote
Always wanted to take up photography so I've bought my mates old Canon dslr of him. I was wondering, when your out taking photos and want to ride yourself, how do you protect your equipment from theives? Do you stash your stuff in a bush or something? A fair few things have been knicked from where I ride lately, wouldn't want to be a victim of it to be honest...

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 10:06 Quote
I lock my bag to a fence and lock the bag zips... also if anyone looks dodgy dont get the camera out or atleast hint it... only get the camera out when there is no dodgy people about and also keep your bag in your view and close to what part of the park your sessioning... Just take notice of your surroundings is the best way to keep it safe ive taken my dslr out for about 1 1/2 years now

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 23:18 Quote
They make some pretty nice backpacks that are made for that sort of thing unless your a weight freak. Personally I don't stash anything, unless I can carry it all day or lock it up in my truck... It stays at home.

Posted: Mar 4, 2012 at 15:19 Quote
dillyrides wrote:
also if anyone looks dodgy dont get the camera out or atleast hint it... only get the camera out when there is no dodgy people about and also keep your bag in your view and close to what part of the park your sessioning... Just take notice of your surroundings is the best way to keep it safe ive taken my dslr out for about 1 1/2 years now
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

I used to be uber paranoid like if dodgy guys came into the park and started walking towards me while i was shooting I would bail. Now I'm a lot more relaxed, I just leave it in my bag and no one tries to take it. I'm not sure about where you live but as long as my bag is in view, I know it should be fine

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009091
Mobile Version of Website