Slopestyle WHEELSET HELP.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Slopestyle WHEELSET HELP.
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 14:01 Quote
Nukeproof Generators, or Spank Tweet Tweet. The Generators come in yellow, black, and silver, but the Tweet Tweets don't. The Tweet Tweets come in lots of really sick colors, and are decently cheap. Hope this helps.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 20:37 Quote
KonaBass911 wrote:
Nukeproof Generators, or Spank Tweet Tweet. The Generators come in yellow, black, and silver, but the Tweet Tweets don't. The Tweet Tweets come in lots of really sick colors, and are decently cheap. Hope this helps.
Pretty sure i'm gonna end up getting the generators. Thanks! Salute

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 at 7:34 Quote
frazerDJ wrote:
alfer907 wrote:
i mean if you reallly want yellow dude just get a deemax rim and build up something cheap..

dt swiss makes some yellow stuff that i saw in QBP the other day.

the problem is that if you want yellow you either need to build something up, buy deemaxes or nukeproof generators, or go ghetto and spray paint them...

Yeah I couldn't bother to paint my own, I've seen a few poorly done paintjobs and it just looks terrible Razz
I've gotta see what the LBS can do for me about building up my own.
Deffinatley don't paint your own.

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 at 7:53 Quote
since the rear spacing on the rampant is most likely 135 x 10 mm you need to get a stepper axle if you want the generators.

The generators are 135X 12 mm. so you just need to buy this aswell:

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/18002-295_AZOMT8-3-Parts-71-Skewers/Azonic-Momentum-Axle-12mm-X-135mm-offerIN211AMZ.htm?utm_source=amazon&utm_medium=datafeed&utm_campaign=FTP&zmam=3075515&zmas=1&zmac=71&zmap=295%20AZOMT8

that allows you to run a 12 mm hub on a 10 mm dropout.

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 at 15:41 Quote
alfer907 wrote:
since the rear spacing on the rampant is most likely 135 x 10 mm you need to get a stepper axle if you want the generators.

The generators are 135X 12 mm. so you just need to buy this aswell:

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/18002-295_AZOMT8-3-Parts-71-Skewers/Azonic-Momentum-Axle-12mm-X-135mm-offerIN211AMZ.htm?utm_source=amazon&utm_medium=datafeed&utm_campaign=FTP&zmam=3075515&zmas=1&zmac=71&zmap=295%20AZOMT8

that allows you to run a 12 mm hub on a 10 mm dropout.

Thanks man, yeah i'd definitely need that ! It's nice and cheap, saves alot of hassle right there.

Posted: Nov 25, 2011 at 3:16 Quote
frazerDJ wrote:
Okay guys, I bought myself a Banshee rampant ss bike and I know my bike stuff, but when it comes to wheels, "Nothing is coming".
I've got a budget of about 400$ for the set, front and rear, I'm running a 20mm front axle, and it would be EXTREMELY preferred if the rims came in an option of yellow (I bought the rest of my components to match already).
Bottom line is;
-Wheels must be good price
-Wheels must be pretty light (anything that's not like lead wheels pretty much)
-MUST be pretty strong, I still case jumps occasionally and do some occasional drops.

Thanks in advance guys, I can't wait to put up a complete pic of my ride.

hey so u can get cheap deemax if u don't buy the set, if u buy one at the time. or if u want something cheap get sun ringle rims, but pain them take the rim apart and powder coat the ring. i honestly love deemax but too much money, and ii have a pair of sun rims and they are great

Posted: Nov 25, 2011 at 7:35 Quote
stumper21 wrote:
frazerDJ wrote:
Okay guys, I bought myself a Banshee rampant ss bike and I know my bike stuff, but when it comes to wheels, "Nothing is coming".
I've got a budget of about 400$ for the set, front and rear, I'm running a 20mm front axle, and it would be EXTREMELY preferred if the rims came in an option of yellow (I bought the rest of my components to match already).
Bottom line is;
-MUST be pretty strong, I still case jumps occasionally and do some occasional drops.

hey so u can get cheap deemax if u don't buy the set, if u buy one at the time. or if u want something cheap get sun ringle rims, but pain them take the rim apart and powder coat the ring. i honestly love deemax but too much money, and ii have a pair of sun rims and they are great
It would be better to get actual yellow rims. Not as ghetto as painting them yourself, and will probs look better.

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 22:24 Quote
KonaBass911 wrote:
stumper21 wrote:
frazerDJ wrote:
Bottom line is;

It would be better to get actual yellow rims. Not as ghetto as painting them yourself, and will probs look better.

The plan is to just get some nukeproof's. The bike building is coming along well, got some fox 36's yesterday!

• Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013990
Mobile Version of Website